Stark:Roberts deal could be done next week

goodol23

Moose, most people don't care, but the likes of Jay Mariotti are trying to whip them back into a frenzy to help themselves sell more papers, and in his case, he's not sticking to the facts of the matter. I don't approve of that or Jay Mariotti in general. :002_stongue:

Marrioti finds the bad in everyone,he always has and always will.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. Please forgive me for not remembering the 4+ names. Partly because of my memory :) Partly because they have changed an inumerable amount of times, but what happened to the 4 + names that would have been exchanged JUST FOR ROBERTS.

Now we are trading ROBERTS & PAYTON for simply 4 AT THE MOST.

I know that Payton has negative trade value, but c'mon

Can someone explain this?

I don't get it. Please forgive me for not remembering the 4+ names. Partly because of my memory :) Partly because they have changed an inumerable amount of times, but what happened to the 4 + names that would have been exchanged JUST FOR ROBERTS.

The names are Gallagher,Cedeno,Patterson,Veal,Marquis,Marshall, Ceda and Colvin are the 8 names that have been mentioned.I believe with Payton coming back Marquis might be going the Orioles way.

The names are Gallagher,Cedeno,Patterson,Veal,Marquis,Marshall, Ceda and Colvin are the 8 names that have been mentioned.I believe with Payton coming back Marquis might be going the Orioles way.

Those 8 names for Roberts and Payton, would be a good deal. That should be the deal. :)

Your memory is shot! :D

There are about FORTY different names, with about FOUR HUNDRED possible combinations...... that have been discussed, and discussed, and discussed....

Right,they already decided Gallagher and Cedeno,they should take EPATT and one more for BRob and Payton and lets just call it a long off season.

You would love that. Don't count on it. If that's all MacPhail was after this deal would have been done.

Hey,

Excuse me....

Do you think we can change the title of this thread to:

Stark: Roberts deal could go on f----o-----r------e-----v-----e-----r

:rolleyes:

:P

Lol reminds me of The Sandlot- one day kids will be in their treehouse telling the story of Roberts going to the Cubs, and how it took fooorrreeevvvveeeerr

I don't know about that. AM has some leverage here and the Cubs probably want to get this done before the season starts.

I don't know why seeing a week or less of minor league games is going to make the difference in how much we like a prospect.

The O's have as much leverage as the Cubs. As many Cubs fans have started, the Cubs already have a 2B who is productive (DeRosa), not to mention they have a 2B who could bat leadoff (EPatt). And between DeRosa/Patterson at 2B, I pretty confident those two would match, or surpass the production value of Roberts.

So this theory that the O's have the leverage is a myth. To the Cubs, Brian Roberts is a luxury, not a need.

The O's have as much leverage as the Cubs. As many Cubs fans have started, the Cubs already have a 2B who is productive (DeRosa), not to mention they have a 2B who could bat leadoff (EPatt). And between DeRosa/Patterson at 2B, I pretty confident those two would match, or surpass the production value of Roberts.

So this theory that the O's have the leverage is a myth. To the Cubs, Brian Roberts is a luxury, not a need.

Well, good. Then go back to Chicago and good luck on your season.

Or, when the Cubs go and trade 4-5 prospects for him, come back and let us know what it's like to spend out the wazoo for a luxury like Roberts.

Because, you know, paying that much for someone whose production you can already match is, well, silly.

Archived