Stark:Roberts deal could be done next week

goodol23

Sure we'd be the laughingstock of the league (even more than usual) if we trotted Trachsel out there on opening day, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares?

Not sure why it wouldn't be Guthrie, or why people make such a big deal out of who's going to be our opening day starter. Guess what, folks? Our cleanup hitter is probably going to be Kevin Millar most of the year, unless we can miraculously trade him.

We're going to have to learn how to be patient for another couple years.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure we'd be the laughingstock of the league (even more than usual) if we trotted Trachsel out there on opening day, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares?

Not sure why it wouldn't be Guthrie, or why people make such a big deal out of who's going to be our opening day starter. Guess what, folks? Our cleanup hitter is probably going to be Kevin Millar most of the year, unless we can miraculously trade him.

We're going to have to learn how to be patient for another couple years.

So even worse...If we trade Millar, who is batting cleanup? Ramon Hernandez? Figure gotta make it a righty.

The whole thing is BS. Trax isn't gonna be the OD starter, that's just silly.

Just because the guy who wrote it has a name you recognize, that doesn't mean it's not just silly junk on the internet. It's just more internet noise, that's all it is.

As for Trax starting on OD, I am going to the game, and I always hope for a win on OD, so I hope Trax is not pitching.

And if he is, I'm going to need one of those "I'm here because someone told me the beer is free when Trachsel pitches."

I'm with you. I'm taking off work and heading down to Baltimore from NYC for this game. If I have to watch Trachsel, who is basically the anti-why I have hope for this team in the coming years, I will be extremely disappointed. That said, I have been at the Orioles first win of the season for the past 6 years, including last year in Yankee Stadium, so hopefully my good luck can continue.

Jayson Stark looks into his murky crystal ball again, and out comes more rubbish. I would expect better from one of the fortune tellers along US Rt.1 in Laurel.

Perhaps MacPhail is visiting each and every one of them to collect opinions on which prospects he should ask for. That could explain all the delays. :D

I read in a fantasy baseball magazine that Cedeno can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag.

Why would we settle for a piece of crap like that for such a good player in Roberts.

Really surprised fifteen people didnt chime in and post a link to the rules and explain to him how information needs to be cited and how that language like that makes =the community look bad.

That being said, I dont know why you care if Trachsel pitches open day. He is a veteran

What about the one on Rt. 1 in College Park? :D

When I was in college, I made the daily drive down Rt. 1 from Elkridge to College Park. There were probably a dozen or more fortune tellers/palm readers along the road then. Only 2-3 remain, that I'm aware of. I could tell you a wild story about the daughter of a palm reader that used to be in the Hollywood area along Rt 1, just north of College Park.

Naw....I better not......;)

When I was in college, I made the daily drive down Rt. 1 from Elkridge to College Park. There were probably a dozen or more fortune tellers/palm readers along the road then. Only 2-3 remain, that I'm aware of. I could tell you a wild story about the daughter of a palm reader that used to be in the Hollywood area along Rt 1, just north of College Park.

Naw....I better not......;)

I went to a fortune teller once, just for kicks when I was 12. I actually had a cast on my wrist at the time after breaking it playing tennis. She shared this pearl of wisdom with me "There were doctors around you in the recent past".

The fortune teller lady on the block where I work passed away recently. She charged $10, but if you paid with a $20, she never had change. She'd just give you a longer reading. Now they have some young girls there trying to make a living doing the same thing. They dropped the price to $2, but all I ever see is them smoking cigs in front of the establishment.

OK, before I get accused of derailing this thread. I don't think there's really anything new in Stark's report.

I went to a fortune teller once, just for kicks when I was 12. I actually had a cast on my wrist at the time after breaking it playing tennis. She shared this pearl of wisdom with me "There were doctors around you in the recent past".

The fortune teller lady on the block where I work passed away recently. She charged $10, but if you paid with a $20, she never had change. She'd just give you a longer reading. Now they have some young girls there trying to make a living doing the same thing. They dropped the price to $2, but all I ever see is them smoking cigs in front of the establishment.

OK, before I get accused of derailing this thread. I don't think there's really anything new in Stark's report.

I know the one you're talking about and I've thought about stopping in there on occasion. I never will, but it's a thought. I'm going to stop in your shop someday though. When do you work?

I know the one you're talking about and I've thought about stopping in there on occasion. I never will, but it's a thought. I'm going to stop in your shop someday though. When do you work?

I'm in except on Wednesdays & Thursdays, from noon to 8 p.m.

Better hurry though, because the curtain drops on this place for good at the end of May and I'm already hunting for a new gig.

Archived