Stark:Roberts deal could be done next week

goodol23

As for Trax starting on OD, I am going to the game, and I always hope for a win on OD, so I hope Trax is not pitching.

And if he is, I'm going to need one of those "I'm here because someone told me the beer is free when Trachsel pitches."

If Trax pitches on OD, get there early or you may miss him.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Trax pitches on OD, get there early or you may miss him.

How ya mean?

If you've seen Trachsel in "action", you know that an hour after scheduled first pitch, he'll be wrapping up the top of the second inning.

Makes Andy MacPhail look like Speedy Gonzalez.

I went to a fortune teller once, just for kicks when I was 12. I actually had a cast on my wrist at the time after breaking it playing tennis. She shared this pearl of wisdom with me "There were doctors around you in the recent past".

The fortune teller lady on the block where I work passed away recently. She charged $10, but if you paid with a $20, she never had change. She'd just give you a longer reading. Now they have some young girls there trying to make a living doing the same thing. They dropped the price to $2, but all I ever see is them smoking cigs in front of the establishment.

OK, before I get accused of derailing this thread. I don't think there's really anything new in Stark's report.

Since this is much more interesting than the silly notion that Trax pitches OD, let me relate my fortune teller story. A bunch of us did a call in furtune teller. She said I would get a gig on a popular Sci Fi series. Well I haven't yet , but the guy behind me who took the call next ended up playing Ensign Barkley on Star Trek, the Next Generation. Go figure.

Since this is much more interesting than the silly notion that Trax pitches OD, let me relate my fortune teller story. A bunch of us did a call in furtune teller. She said I would get a gig on a popular Sci Fi series. Well I haven't yet , but the guy behind me who took the call next ended up playing Ensign Barkley on Star Trek, the Next Generation. Go figure.

Sounds like the fortune teller had the same control problems that plague Daniel Cabrera....

If Traschel gets the OD start, it'll be the first OD I'm not looking forward to.

He won't. Look, this is goofy. If some guy posted on the internet that the Easter Bunny was gonna start on OD, would you believe it? No, you would not. Why? Because it's just a silly idea. Just like the one we're talking about.

He won't. Look, this is goofy. If some guy posted on the internet that the Easter Bunny was gonna start on OD, would you believe it? No, you would not. Why? Because it's just a silly idea. Just like the one we're talking about.

But...but...what if the Easter Bunny DID start on Opening Day? Now that, my friends, would be HISTORIC! :D

Back to the Roberts part of this thread, I for one wonder if anyone is also puzzled why the Cubs have to continually "scout" Roberts in spring training games? Its not like he is a prospect he's an established major leaguer and former All-star? Does this not seem strange to anyone other than me?

Back to the Roberts part of this thread, I for one wonder if anyone is also puzzled why the Cubs have to continually "scout" Roberts in spring training games? Its not like he is a prospect he's an established major leaguer and former All-star? Does this not seem strange to anyone other than me?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I guess they want to make sure nothing's changed with him and that he's 100% healthy. The fact that he's hitting and stealing bases should be enough for them, but if you're going to trade lots of prospects for him - you want to be absolutely sure.

How ya mean?

If you've seen Trachsel in "action", you know that an hour after scheduled first pitch, he'll be wrapping up the top of the second inning.

Makes Andy MacPhail look like Speedy Gonzalez.

Can you imagine being stuck behind MacPhail AND Trachsel in the checkout line?!?!?

Enough to make you have nightmares :P

Archived