Poll - Who Gets Added Today?

canonfaz

Buck said that they probably will add another pitcher today. Who do you think it will be?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Buck said that they probably will add another pitcher today. Who do you think it will be?

• Bud Norris
    • Steve Johnson
    • Cesar Cabral
    • Mychal Givens
    • TJ McFarland (someone needs to go to DL)
    • Eddie Gamboa
    • Chris Jones
    • Pedro Beato
    • OTHER

Not too sure on that, with Pearce able to play at 2nd, now.

Roch had mentioned more than once in the past 10 days, that Cabrera as an option to move out, to make roster space.

Cabrera is here as injury insurance for Hardy and Flaherty. Pearce can't play SS.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If accepts assignment to AAA, would still be insurance.

If not, then let Janish be the insurance, better glove.

If this is so why is he here now? They could have just dumped him for Flaherty and avoided DFAing De Aza for the time being.

If this is so why is he here now? They could have just dumped him for Flaherty and avoided DFAing De Aza for the time being.

There was no point, in keeping De Aza.

Flaherty is not getting dumped for anybody.

I dont look for Cabrera to be around too long, sorry, just IMO.

Parmalee is hitting the cover off the ball, and I suspect they will move a body to get him on the roster.

By my math, he has 1 option left. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone have a reliable site that specifically says how many options a player has?

I normally just use this site, and look for how many times a player has been optioned since being added to a 40 man:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/al-east/baltimore-orioles/

The most reliable thing is here posted in the sticky section. The 40 man roster. But Cabral isn't on. He might have two options left. I think I looked it up in my pitching post.

Cabral, Rowen, and McCoy have 2 left each

There was no point, in keeping De Aza.

Flaherty is not getting dumped for anybody.

I dont look for Cabrera to be around too long, sorry, just IMO.

Parmalee is hitting the cover off the ball, and I suspect they will move a body to get him on the roster.

As I said Cabrera is here until Schoop returns. I said nothing about dumping Flaherty. The point in keeping De Aza was to avoid eating his salary and have more time to work a trade. If Hardy has back spasm it is a day to day thin and keeping Cabrera avoids further roster manipulation. Also it looks like Cabrera will be platooned with Flaherty at 2B.

Looks like Cadral has three options left. When optioned in the past he has never spent 20 day in the minors before being outrighted.

But I don't think he is the right pitcher for the O's at this point. He is not a long reliever.

My guess is that Chris Jones is recalled unless there is someone to go on the DL. Then it would be McFarland.

The answer is .... NOBODY!

@masnroch said same 7 in the pen listed for today.

Called it. Didn't see a need to add anyone today.

If it is a blowout just ride Matusz' arm until it falls off and then DL him until September. Or ride him and have him drop the appeal.

Buck said that they probably will add another pitcher today. Who do you think it will be?

Bud Norris

Steve Johnson

Cesar Cabral

Mychal Givens

McFarland (someone would have to go on DL)

Eddie Gamboa

Crhis Jones

Pedro Beato

Other

I guess Bud then.

Archived