So who wants Baldelli?

HoodGuy007

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell that to the Houston Astros of the past few years.

This is to Leitchs comment on how lousy offense equals being below .500.

The 2005 Houston Astros had a historic rotation, and the 2004 Astros scored over 800 runs.

Getting Baldelli could also allow you to trade CPat as well..Package him in a deal and get someone very good.

Patterson isn't worth much imo. His obviously bad plate discipline aside he's a FA after 07 and who's going to give up much for a few month rental of Patterson. As a package? Maybe, but he better not be the best part of said package if you expect a "very good" return.

Yeah but if you have Penn as a number 3 and get another pitcher that is of number 3 calibur, we would have one of the best rotations in baseball.

If we keep them Bedard, Cabrera, Loewen and Penn will be one of the best starting four in baseball. Pitching is the only way to beat the Yankees and Red Sox. The O's are building it. I hope they do not trade it away.

Add Ray as a sub 3.00 ERA closer and that is what contender are made of.

Patterson isn't worth much imo. His obviously bad plate discipline aside he's a FA after 07 and who's going to give up much for a few month rental of Patterson. As a package? Maybe, but he better not be the best part of said package if you expect a "very good" return.

A package of Ray and CPat to the Marlins can probably net you some very good young talent.

A package of Ray and CPat to the Marlins can probably net you some very good young talent.

Maybe, but Ray's the center piece of that package. Also, the Marlins? I don't see what interest they would have in a one-year rental like Patterson.

With or without Ray, we are not thin in the bullpen.

As for the rotation? Well, the average 5th starter is giving you an ERA of 5-5.25..I think Olson can do that. Hell, i think alot of guys could potentially do that.

So, trading Penn and Ray doesn't really make the pitching thin.

As an organization they would not be thin if you want to wait until 2009, but as a major league club they the pitching would be thin.

As an organization they would not be thin if you want to wait until 2009, but as a major league club they the pitching would be thin.

This is just not true.

No reasonable argument can be made that the BP is thin.

So, your argument would have to be made about the rotation.

The rotation is what it is until mid May-June. By then, alot of things could be different, especially with Olson, to where he is ready.

Also, if the rotation is that bad, we won't need to worry about your precious 500 record anyway.

Archived