Dempsey on Bautista - "We would have taken care of him in my day. It wouldn't have been pretty."

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great. Sounds very manly. For every ball we plant in his ribs, they plant one in Adam Jones's ribs. Right? I mean there would be retaliation for each time. Haven't we already hit him a bunch of times. Has that changed his act any?

BTW, I have no problem pitching Bautista inside as the normal course of business. If one gets away a little and hits him, too bad.

Do you have a short term memory problem?

What do you guys consider challenging him? Throw him inside fastballs on every pitch? Hit him every time up? Threaten him bodily harm? Just curious. You guys haven't really spelled out how you would handle Bautista? If he doesn't move off the plate and keeps up his act, how often do you give it to him in the ribs?

You guys. This is the second time I've reminded you of what you said. Give it a rest.

Not opposed to purposefully trying to injure this guy with a fastball to the wrist on the last game that we play them in the season. He's the only player I feel that way about in all of sports.

Big Baby? For me, he ranks right up there with him.

For the NFL, I think SUH is dirty and despicable and have no respect for him.

I for one totally disagree. Comments never hurt anyone. What really needs to be done. IS to actually throw at him. Then maybe he WOULD ACTUALLY have something to react to for real. His theatrics IMO are simply a ploy so he can hug the plate and nobody will pitch him inside. In a way, that is kind of smart, not stupid. So inother words he is acting stupid but that is just a cover so he maintains a huge advantage hanging out over the plate. I cannot believe all the astute baseball fans here don't see this for what it really is! What Buck needs to do is start some pitcher the last game of the series (someone he doesn't mind missing a turn due to suspension) and throw one right square at him in his first AB. Tommy Hunter would be a good choice, but he isn't a starter anymore, but I might just start him anyway.

And then the benches clear... and if the don't then, they will after the Blue Jays retaliate and hit Machado or Jones. Then we risk losing people to injury and/or suspension which is THE LAST thing this team needs. We have been missing people all season, (the last two seasons really) and we are finally just getting back to full strength. Our focus needs to be turning on the jets and making a strong run at the postseason, not getting tied up by classless D-bags like Bautistsa. Besides, getting involved in hit-batter scrums and throwing at people has not been and never will be the Oriole way under Buck Showalter. Let the Royals play that game

We play the Blue Jays in the final week of the season.

In my ideal world, we clinch the division against them. The last out is recorded by Britton striking out Bautista. Britton and Wieters then skip towards one another to begin the celebration.

In my ideal world, we clinch the division against them. The last out is recorded by Britton striking out Bautista. Britton and Wieters then skip towards one another to begin the celebration.

They did that last year, minus Britton and Wieters.

In my ideal world, we run away with the division.

And then the benches clear... and if the don't then, they will after the Blue Jays retaliate and hit Machado or Jones. Then we risk losing people to injury and/or suspension which is THE LAST thing this team needs. We have been missing people all season, (the last two seasons really) and we are finally just getting back to full strength. Our focus needs to be turning on the jets and making a strong run at the postseason, not getting tied up by classless D-bags like Bautistsa. Besides, getting involved in hit-batter scrums and throwing at people has not been and never will be the Oriole way under Buck Showalter. Let the Royals play that game
. While I understand that logic to a degree Imo it only makes sense when the Jays are not a big threat anymore in winning the division or even knocking the Orioles out of it. To me in the situation now you cannot worry about what you are worrying about as you can get hurt doing anything, but allowing this to go on shows just about anyone watching that the Orioles are letting this guy dictate the game and not doing anything about it!

. While I understand that logic to a degree Imo it only makes sense when the Jays are not a big threat anymore in winning the division or even knocking the Orioles out of it. To me in the situation now you cannot worry about what you are worrying about as you can get hurt doing anything, but allowing this to go on shows just about anyone watching that the Orioles are letting this guy dictate the game and not doing anything about it!

We won two out of three in his yard. Eff him.

They said on the last game that Adam Jones has been hit by Blue Jays pitching 10 times in his career while Bautista has been hit 8 times by Orioles pitching. That considering Jones does not hang over the plate and does not whine like a bay about being hit or pitched inside.

They said on the last game that Adam Jones has been hit by Blue Jays pitching 10 times in his career while Bautista has been hit 8 times by Orioles pitching. That considering Jones does not hang over the plate and does not whine like a bay about being hit or pitched inside.

Wonder why they never target Davis as he hits more big flies than Jones?

Archived