FINALLY!!! PARMALEE at 1B and DAVIS IN RIGHT FIELD! WOOHOO!

Rene88

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh? Part of the first baseman's job is to know where the second baseman is when the ball is hit. Parmelee never should have broken for the ball.
It doesn't matter, the play was safe because Chen didn't get there in time to cover the bag. It was on Chen not Parmelee and it wouldn't have been on Flaherty.

Good grief!.......All this speculation about Davis in RF and Parmelee at 1B. It was just Buck getting an extra LH bat into the lineup against a tough RH pitcher. Simple as that.

Well we've done that before with Davis at 1B and Parmaelee in RF. So I don't see how switching positions creates an extra LHB in the lineup.

Why isn't anyone saying that this is the O's prepping to move Davis at the deadline? I'd have to think the Orioles are not seriously entertaining the thought of Davis on a log term contract of six figures or more. I'm surprised they aren't more prepared, but a future of Parmelee and Walker is looking realistic now that CP is getting reps at first.

Man, I bet the Os would jump on signing Davis at six figures. They might even jump on signing him at 7 figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why isn't anyone saying that this is the O's prepping to move Davis at the deadline? I'd have to think the Orioles are not seriously entertaining the thought of Davis on a log term contract of six figures or more. I'm surprised they aren't more prepared, but a future of Parmelee and Walker is looking realistic now that CP is getting reps at first.

Because most folks believe that the Orioles would be happy with draft compensation. And that they would like to try Postseason again with our left-handed power bat.

I'd have to watch it again but it looked like Chen was beating the runner to the bag easily. I didn't see the play from Parmelee's end but the throw was slightly behind Chen which increased the chances of him missing the bag. A really good throw and he doesn't miss the bag.

The throw did pull Chen a bit, but Chen was delayed on running over to cover first. If he was there he would have been able to adjust to the throw more easily.

The one that Parmalee fielded that he should have ceded to Flaherty. Parmalee flipped it to Chen who missed the bag.

I'd have to see the replay. Wasn't Flaherty on the edge of the outfield grass? Parmalee fielded it in the baseline. If the ball goes past him would Flaherty have had enough time to get Kluber? I don't know. Chen has to get to the bag quicker either way.

Man, I bet the Os would jump on signing Davis at six figures. They might even jump on signing him at 7 figures.

The largest 6-figure number is $999,999, and the largest 7-figure number is $9,999,999. So... yeah. The Orioles will offer him a QO, which is an 8-figure number. I think Terror was confusing "figure" with "zero", but, even then, I would agree with you that the Orioles would gladly offer Davis that kind of money.

Huh? Part of the first baseman's job is to know where the second baseman is when the ball is hit. Parmelee never should have broken for the ball.

Disagree with this. Parmalee fielded the ball. To say he shouldn't have makes no sense. Sometimes a first baseman will break to field a grounder that he can't get to, but that is obviously not the case here. Yes, he could have led Chen more with the throw, but Chen did break late. Not a perfect play by Parmalee, but certainly not a terrible play.

Flaherty was in position to make the play. Bordick has pointed out numerous times that they practice having the first baseman let a ball like that go through. Chen is also supposed to cover ...and did. The throw and/or his footwork messed him up a bit. He was there in time.

I'm just messing with you. I suspect they want to see more of Parmelee at 1B.

Nailed it. All this talk about should Davis be resigned isn't going to last much longer. I really like CP at first and if he continues to rake our problem is solved. Yes I'm getting way ahead of myself, but CP does really look like he belongs there, both with the bat and glove.

Archived