Reggie Sanders for Todd Williams???????

bigbird

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles should take on all of Sanders contract but ask for Huber as well.

Offer them Williams and a mid level prospect for Sanders and Huber. Take on all 5 million of Sanders contract.

That sounds more inviting.... are they any sites with spring training stats for the minor leagues?

Here is why i make that trade:

1) We aren't going to use the young guys, so at least get a better player in here.

2) Sanders, if he can stay healthy, has more trade value at the deadline than Williams does.

If we aren't going to use the young guys, dump the manager and the front office and hire someone who has a clue.

Sanders will be dead of old age by the trade deadline.

Even Rotoworld gets it:

Eduardo Perez-DH- White Sox Mar. 27 - 11:19 pm et

White Sox released first baseman Eduardo Perez.

There surely should be a place in the majors for Perez, who was 11-for-22 with three homers this spring. Maybe the Orioles will want him around to crush left-handers

And

Justin Huber-DH- Royals Mar. 10 - 1:11 am et

Justin Huber homered and singled in his two plate appearances Friday in the loss to the Angels.

Royals GM Dayton Moore parted with a few undesirables in the offseason, but Huber stuck around, even though his only action in the majors last year came in May. With Ross Gload around as protection for Ryan Shealy and Billy Butler showing he'll be ready if needed, it probably wouldn't take much of an offer to get the Royals to trade the 24-year-old Huber this spring.

Huber this Spring:

.391 .444 .565

Even Rotoworld gets it:

Eduardo Perez-DH- White Sox Mar. 27 - 11:19 pm et

White Sox released first baseman Eduardo Perez.

There surely should be a place in the majors for Perez, who was 11-for-22 with three homers this spring. Maybe the Orioles will want him around to crush left-handers

And

Justin Huber-DH- Royals Mar. 10 - 1:11 am et

Justin Huber homered and singled in his two plate appearances Friday in the loss to the Angels.

Royals GM Dayton Moore parted with a few undesirables in the offseason, but Huber stuck around, even though his only action in the majors last year came in May. With Ross Gload around as protection for Ryan Shealy and Billy Butler showing he'll be ready if needed, it probably wouldn't take much of an offer to get the Royals to trade the 24-year-old Huber this spring.

Huber this Spring:

.391 .444 .565

Huber is a guy we should be going after. He could solve our first base problems.

Go after Huber and Sanders!

If we aren't going to use the young guys, dump the manager and the front office and hire someone who has a clue.

Sanders will be dead of old age by the trade deadline.

Who cares weither the 25th man is young or old. We are not looking for someone to be the future of the O's OF. None of Sanders, Duboid/Knott etc. fit that description.

We need a guy who can play LF adequately for 25 games or so, DH and be a good RH situational hitter with some power, off the bench. Sanders or Perez are exactly that. For 150 -200 AB spread out over the season they are a much better bet to produce than one of three guys who have never hit in the ML and have put up their numbers playing full time, something they will never do for the O's.

Archived