Reggie Sanders for Todd Williams???????

bigbird

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you wanted someone who hits LHP well, you could do worse. He has a .907 lifetime OPS and .828 last year. If all it took to get him was Todd Williams that might not be so bad. I woudl rather give a shot to Knott or DuBois, but if that isn't going to happen in any event, Sanders can help this team more than Todd Williams, Freddy Bynum or Adam Stern can.

Well, if you wanted someone who hits LHP well, you could do worse. He has a .907 lifetime OPS and .828 last year. If all it took to get him was Todd Williams that might not be so bad. I woudl rather give a shot to Knott or DuBois, but if that isn't going to happen in any event, Sanders can help this team more than Todd Williams, Freddy Bynum or Adam Stern can.

Exactly what I was going to say. Sanders seems to walk like crazy against LHP which could help the team, especially with a slot to fill with Payton going down. Reggie isn't going to the savior of our LHP problem but he shouldn't add to the problem much.

...and to get rid of Williams :D:D:D (why are we arguing about this?)

I think the bigger question is: will this trade mean we'll be sticking with a 12 man bullpen?

Exactly what I was going to say. Sanders seems to walk like crazy against LHP which could help the team, especially with a slot to fill with Payton going down. Reggie isn't going to the savior of our LHP problem but he shouldn't add to the problem much.

...and to get rid of Williams :D:D:D (why are we arguing about this?)

I think the bigger question is: will this trade mean we'll be sticking with a 12 man bullpen?

Todd Williams was resigned in case Williamson was damaged goods.

I do not think that we have a use for him. If we can get someone for him that will help the team in any way trading him is fine. I just don't want Reggie Sanders.

What is the net payroll increase to do this deal? I can't believe that we'd take on anywhere near $5M for a part time of/dh - even if he does mash lhp.

You figure KC would take on Williams $1 million or so. You should expect KC to pick up at least $2 million of Sander's salary.

You figure KC would take on Williams $1 million or so. You should expect KC to pick up at least $2 million of Sander's salary.

let me get the old calculator out...

Sanders $5,000,000

less W'ms -1,000,000

less KC eat -2,000,000

O's pr + +2,000,000

I think they should use that $2Million to draw fans to OPACY by creating some cool contest where throughout the year, 20 lucky Orioles fans could win $100k (this instead of signing Reggie Sanders).

What do you think?

Never underestimate a motivated fan base to add some wins for the home team.

let me get the old calculator out...

Sanders $5,000,000

less W'ms -1,000,000

less KC eat -2,000,000

O's pr + +2,000,000

I think they should use that $2Million to draw fans to OPACY by creating some cool contest where throughout the year, 20 lucky Orioles fans could win $100k (this instead of signing Reggie Sanders).

What do you think?

Never underestimate a motivated fan base to add some wins for the home team.

Ah...they would just use it to buy more Chablis and Brie...;)

I actually think Sanders is a solid player who may still be able to produce at a high level, however, he doesn't really fit on the team much better or any better than guys like Knott. Would prefer Sanders over Bynum though.

I can't disagree with this.

I don't want Sanders and think Knott is better BUT the Orioles won't do that and having Sanders and Payton may actually force them to do some kind of platoons, so i wouldn't be totally against this, mainly because the Orioles won't do the correct thing.

I can't disagree with this.

I don't want Sanders and think Knott is better BUT the Orioles won't do that and having Sanders and Payton may actually force them to do some kind of platoons, so i wouldn't be totally against this, mainly because the Orioles won't do the correct thing.

It might be the other way around. The fact that they are considering Sanders and paying $2 mil. for him means, a. they see a need for a RH bat, b. are not wedded to Bynum, c. are not wedded to a 13 man pen.They wouldn't commit that kind of money if they didn't intend to make serious use of Sanders, that is, platoon him. What I don't understand is why they don't just go with Knott/Dubois.

Archived