Maybe the tough roster decision will be to option Schoop

wildcard

Why? He has yet to hit for .700 OPS in the ML. He's a good defensive 2B but so is Flaherty. He has a higher upside and is younger, but what has he done yet to deserve replacing a guy who is playing well?

He played better.

And for the record, Flaherty's career OPS in the Majors is well under 700.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have said before, you need Flaherty and Schoop on the active roster. Sure, you could play Manny or Paredes at SS in an emergency, but you need someone to rotate around the infield to give guys days off on a regular basis. Otherwise JJ is going to have to play every game at SS, Schoop every game at 2B (coming off a knee injury), and Manny every game at 3B. I don't think Reimold is worth running those guys out there every day with no breaks and no flexibility.

As I have said before, you need Flaherty and Schoop on the active roster. Sure, you could play Manny or Paredes at SS in an emergency, but you need someone to rotate around the infield to give guys days off on a regular basis. Otherwise JJ is going to have to play every game at SS, Schoop every game at 2B (coming off a knee injury), and Manny every game at 3B. I don't think Reimold is worth running those guys out there every day with no breaks and no flexibility.

You have said this before, and I've read it, but that still doesn't make it true. Buck doesn't do much of rotating player time. Maybe he should, but certain guys are going to play every day. In Buck's mind, September isn't that far away. JJ can rest then.

If Pearce is kept on the team then he can spell Flaherty at 2B while Flaherty spells Hardy or Manny. That is what has happen since Flaherty came back and it seems to be working.

If Pearce is kept on the team then he can spell Flaherty at 2B while Flaherty spells Hardy or Manny. That is what has happen since Flaherty came back and it seems to be working.

Buck was saying yesterday that he figured Pearce could hold his own for a game at SS or 3B. Maybe there was a reason he said that.

You have said this before, and I've read it, but that still doesn't make it true. Buck doesn't do much of rotating player time. Maybe he should, but certain guys are going to play every day. In Buck's mind, September isn't that far away. JJ can rest then.
Buck plays Jones, Hardy, and Machado, every day. Davis most days. Why wouldn't he?

Why? He has yet to hit for .700 OPS in the ML. He's a good defensive 2B but so is Flaherty. He has a higher upside and is younger, but what has he done yet to deserve replacing a guy who is playing well?

He turns a dp unlike any O's second baseman since Bobby Grich! Nobody relishes sliding in to second when he covers and has a rocket arm! Plus he has more power that Flaherty (who I do aknowledge has played well).

He obviously can't handle playing there. :rolleyes:

Have you seen him when he plays there during shifts? Omg he looks even better there than third as he can flash his range much more! Makes me wonder if Hardy could switch to third next season? With Shoop at second and Parmalee at first would be as good as any infield in the game!

Have you seen him when he plays there during shifts? Omg he looks even better there than third as he can flash his range much more! Makes me wonder if Hardy could switch to third next season? With Shoop at second and Parmalee at first would be as good as any infield in the game!

Did you see the :rolleyes:?

I was one of the ones that didn't object to the idea of Hardy walking and Manny moving to short.

Archived