Maybe the tough roster decision will be to option Schoop

wildcard

Jonathan Schoop will join the team on Sunday from what I have heard to replace Reimold who is going on paternity leave. But that does not solve the roster crunch. Reimold is due back next Thursday and then another tough decision has to be made.

I could see Dan and Buck deciding that they don't want to DFA or trade either Pearce or Reimold. The O's have been doing well with Flaherty at 2B. Maybe the way to keep everyone in the organization is to option Schoop and wait for an injury to bring him back.

I know Schoop is the future O's 2nd baseman and he did have a good 27 at bats to start the season. But it was only 27 at bats. Maybe the future beginning this year when someone pulls a hammy and Jonathan can be promoted without DFAing anyone.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To option Schoop to the minors, they have to activate him from the 60-day disabled list. That means they will have to remove someone else from the 40 man roster no matter where they decide to put Schoop. There is still another tough decision to be made despite deciding where Schoop will play.

To option Schoop to the minors, they have to activate him from the 60-day disabled list. That means they will have to remove someone else from the 40 man roster no matter where they decide to put Schoop. There is still another tough decision to be made despite deciding where Schoop will play.

Young was the 40 man move.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Is Bundy on the 60 Day yet? Not so tough IMO.

Navarro? He is hitting .223 with a 569 OPS at AAA. It probably will not be anywhere as tough to do that than it would be to DFA Pearce or Reimold.

Jonathan Schoop will join the team on Sunday from what I have heard to replace Reimold who is going on paternity leave. But that does not solve the roster crunch. Reimold is due back next Thursday and then another tough decision has to be made.

I could see Dan and Buck deciding that they don't want to DFA or trade either Pearce or Reimold. The O's have been doing well with Flaherty at 2B. Maybe the way to keep everyone in the organization is to option Schoop and wait for an injury to bring him back.

I know Schoop is the future O's 2nd baseman and he did have a good 27 at bats to start the season. But it was only 27 at bats. Maybe the future beginning this year when someone pulls a hammy and Jonathan can be promoted without DFAing anyone.

I thought Reimold's achilles was bothering him? That's a much better reason for not being here. Can't wait to see him back- newborns tend to make bats get hot. :)

Why not just option Flaherty? I know Buck likes to have a backup SS on the bench, but if we needed a SS during the middle of the game couldn't Manny just play there and then we could bring Flaherty back the next day?

Schoop deserves to be the starting 2B IMO.

Why not just option Flaherty? I know Buck likes to have a backup SS on the bench, but if we needed a SS during the middle of the game couldn't Manny just play there and then we could bring Flaherty back the next day?

I agree that Schoop deserves to be on the O's team. As does Flaherty. And Pearce. And Reimold. Unfortunately it may not be about who deserves to be on the roster. He may be how the O's can keep all their players.

Not saying I am right. Its just one way of thinking about it.

Maybe the option Schoop for a while and then option Flaherty for a while. Get both their service time issues done in one season.

Why? He has yet to hit for .700 OPS in the ML. He's a good defensive 2B but so is Flaherty. He has a higher upside and is younger, but what has he done yet to deserve replacing a guy who is playing well?

Why? He has yet to hit for .700 OPS in the ML. He's a good defensive 2B but so is Flaherty. He has a higher upside and is younger, but what has he done yet to deserve replacing a guy who is playing well?

Ditto. Flash is really making strides this year, and I'm glad the O's were patient with him (much more than I was).

Archived