This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

I guess I took Corn's jokes as insulting his value.

I will be careful what words I use as to not confuse you or Corn.

Maybe I'll just question senior posters baseball acumen. Classy move there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the grand scheme of things throwing a major league no hitter means very little about the worth of a pitcher.

Go check the list if you don't believe me, lots of pedestrian names on it.

The predictive value of a no hitter thrown in A ball is very close to zero.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I took Corn's jokes as insulting his value.

I will be careful what words I use as to not confuse you or Corn.

Maybe I'll just question senior posters baseball acumen. Classy move there.

There is nothing to be confused about. You said something stupid. Got called out on it. Tried to back pedal and play it off cool. And failed miserably.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

In the grand scheme of things throwing a major league no hitter means very little about the worth of a pitcher.

Go check the list if you don't believe me, lots of pedestrian names on it.

The predictive value of a no hitter thrown in A ball is very close to zero.

Are you purposely ignoring my point?

23rd in the Pirates system isn't nothing. Much rather have him than Snider.

To your point: Juan Nieves comes to mind.

Are you purposely ignoring my point?

23rd in the Pirates system isn't nothing. Much rather have him than Snider.

To your point: Juan Nieves comes to mind.

That would be an example of a possibly valid point that is obscured by your other comments.

Honestly I haven't looked at their farm system since they promoted some guys and have little idea if their #23 is closer to the Astros #23 or the Orioles #23.

Do you know or does #23 just sound pretty good?

Paredes has gotta sit because he looks completely overanxious and mismatched. Snider isn't fantastic but I think he has a place on this team. Parmelee, I have no idea what his upside is supposed to be. He had a great first few games and since then looks sub-sub-replacement level.

Id go with Lough and Reimold with Davis back at first and Wieters as a DH on days he isnt catching.Id bring up Walker and Alvarez, what do we have to lose? Id DFA or trade any and all of them if we could get someone who can get the ball out of the infield.The experiment is over. Its killing us.

I'd bring up Mancini. I know, he's only been at AA for a short bit, but he's a man among boys at Bowie. Roll the dice and if it doesn't work out, then exchange him for Walker.

Paredes has gotta sit because he looks completely overanxious and mismatched. Snider isn't fantastic but I think he has a place on this team. Parmelee, I have no idea what his upside is supposed to be. He had a great first few games and since then looks sub-sub-replacement level.

Buck seems really eager to play Davis in the outfield.

Most strange.

Parades is at .289 with 10 home runs and 39 RBI. His OBP could be better, but I don't see him as an issue offensively.

Except when batting leadoff. I so loved watching Manny hit third and use the same approach, it's too bad nobody else can be a decent leadoff hitter on this team.

Except when batting leadoff. I so loved watching Manny hit third and use the same approach, it's too bad nobody else can be a decent leadoff hitter on this team.

That walk in the first would have been so much better in front of the Flaherty single instead of behind it.

That walk in the first would have been so much better in front of the Flaherty single instead of behind it.

Btw, I just received The Book, and I promise to see things your way once I'm done reading it. :D

But you're right about one thing- Manny is more valuable on this team now leading off- there are other options in the middle. I'm curious to see if Buck sees it that way today.

Btw, I just received The Book, and I promise to see things your way once I'm done reading it. :D

But you're right about one thing- Manny is more valuable on this team now leading off- there are other options in the middle. I'm curious to see if Buck sees it that way today.

Hope you enjoy it but be warned, I don't get all my crazy ideas from The Book.

I am fed up with Buck. Buck knows how to get a team going, but he doesn't have the fight to take a team to win the Al pennant.

He just pampers players too much; remember how long it took him to remove Jimmy Johnson and this year Norris. The Orioles play simple baseball

not long at bats, no steals, etc

This post is really over the line. You came into this thread looking for a fight. CoC has been nothing but patient in explaining himself without insulting you. He quickly agreed with the valid points you made. Now, you come back with this? I am hoping you'll calm down and come back and apologize for this post. I won't report the post, but it is reportable.

Your point isn't a bad one at all, but your presentation in this thread has been poor. I've been there before when I've had a bad morning.

Thanks but I did kinda already admit to belittling him for reading too much into an A ball no hitter so my hands are not entirely clean here.

BTW I am listening to something that is mellowing me right out.

https://soundcloud.com/metaquorum/07-metaquorum-canzona?in=metaquorum/sets/midnight-sun-album-full

Archived