This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

...was often misunderstood and lamented but he always had a point

We do not need to talk here about former posters who called everyone who posts here an idiot for supporting this site. Bringing that up is no way to get my attention to your views. And being a mouthpiece for someone not allowed to be here is not a particularly smart move either.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing wrong with having a Snider, Paredes and/or Parmalee on the team. They're "guys". Every team has "guys". No different for Lough and Reimold. None of their acquisitions had an impact on whether the team could make other moves.

The team simply could have used one more impact bat, and corner OF/DH is the easiest place on the roster for improvement. If Nelson Cruz were on the team instead of, say, Nolan Reimold, they'd be in a playoff position. Hindsight is 20/20, but for the first year of Cruz's contract he's been worth every penny.

There's nothing wrong with having a Snider, Paredes and/or Parmalee on the team. They're "guys". Every team has "guys". No different for Lough and Reimold. None of their acquisitions had an impact on whether the team could make other moves.

It's funny that your name is 25 Nuggets because over the last three years of winning, these are exactly the kind of "guys" who had huge games. Tolleson, Pearce, and who could forget Taylor Teagarden. The ultimate in nugget technology.

These guys were the difference between watching a game and looking at Fangraphs to sum up a guy's career. Taylor Teagarden had like less than 10 hits the entire year and almost all of them were completely mammoth. By the way, he's still doing it.

The 25th man just has not been a factor this year the way he was the last couple of years.

It's funny that your name is 25 Nuggets because over the last three years of winning, these are exactly the kind of "guys" who had huge games. Tolleson, Pearce, and who could forget Taylor Teagarden. The ultimate in nugget technology.

These guys were the difference between watching a game and looking at Fangraphs to sum up a guy's career. Taylor Teagarden had like less than 10 hits the entire year and almost all of them were completely mammoth. By the way, he's still doing it.

The 25th man just has not been a factor this year the way he was the last couple of years.

As of approximately ten games prior to the All Star break, it was a factor in how well the team was doing.

Believe me I've written on multiple occasions that the depth on the 25/40 man is good, and that's a good thing. The team should be better than its current record.

My moniker is an homage to Buck Showalter, nothing more.

We do not need to talk here about former posters who called everyone who posts here an idiot for supporting this site. Bringing that up is no way to get my attention to your views. And being a mouthpiece for someone not allowed to be here is not a particularly smart move either.

Wasn't doing that to celebrate the guy. Had no idea he called anyone an idiot.

My mistake.

MSK

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JTrea's POV was often misunderstood and lamented but he always had a point: the FO and Angelos simply aren't capable of putting together a long-term plan of success.

These weird little fixes might last a season or two, but there hasn't been an organizational plan for long-term contention in place since... who knows?

The Orioles need a top to bottom organizational philosophy from single-A to the MLB club to the front office that develops a mentality of winning from day one.

The Braves used to have a pitching-based organization, the Cardinals have a depth-based organization, and the successful clubs implement a strategy for success that is sustainable. That can endure the loss of stars or bad signings. That can spend money from time to time to supplement a strong core.

We aren't that organization yet.

DD has had three years to implement a team-wide plan for success and thus far it hasn't borne much (or any) fruit. We're on the verge of selling a group of popular players who got us close to the promised land of the WS without a real plan in place to move us forward.

That's sad and distressing.

People often ask me what I want to see or what I would do.

Okay:

1) Trade Davis, Wieters, Chen, Norris, Parm, Reimold, Lough in packages for top 100 prospects. Release the rest of the dead weight.

2) Promote whomever we have in AAA to see what we'll be working with.

3) Aggressively pursue international player development in China, Cuba (once Cuba is opened for real) and Venezuela.

4) Get the best pitching scouts or give new developmental guys/ideas a chance to build a corps of pitching talent for the foreseeable future.

5) Implement a different batting philosophy that stresses patience and making the opposing pitcher throw as many pitches as possible.

That is the spine of future advancement as a team.

That's all I want to see.

MSK

So much misinformation. Three straight winning seasons, with more wins of any team in our division, and including a division title after fourteen straight losers, but that's not "much fruit?" Speaking of "fruit" is that sour grapes? I guess you haven't noticed we have been promoting what we can from the minors - Gausman, Schoop are two of the more prominent examples. I'd prefer to trust our management to bring these guys up when and if they are ready and not to rush them. We have young pitching in the wings, but Bundy and Harvey had setbacks this year. You throw out generalities like "promote whomever we have in AAA," which sounds nice but it also noticeably lacks specifics. Would you care to provide them?

The Orioles have left themselves in a position of payroll flexibility with only Jones signed through 2018. You should appreciate that given all the salary you want to dump in the next week. We'll have to agree to disagree that Cruz would have made the difference you seek this season. But of course, he's really put Seattle over the top. Oh wait...

So much misinformation. Three straight winning seasons, with more wins of any team in our division, and including a division title after fourteen straight losers, but that's not "much fruit?" Speaking of "fruit" is that sour grapes? I guess you haven't noticed we have been promoting what we can from the minors - Gausman, Schoop are two of the more prominent examples. I'd prefer to trust our management to bring these guys up when and if they are ready and not to rush them. We have young pitching in the wings, but Bundy and Harvey had setbacks this year. You throw out generalities like "promote whomever we have in AAA," which sounds nice but it also noticeably lacks specifics. Would you care to provide them?

The Orioles have left themselves in a position of payroll flexibility with only Jones signed through 2018. You should appreciate that given all the salary you want to dump in the next week. We'll have to agree to disagree that Cruz would have made the difference you seek this season. But of course, he's really put Seattle over the top. Oh wait...

I am going to watch Trey and Ariel tonight. I'll tell you how they look.

5) Implement a different batting philosophy that stresses patience and making the opposing pitcher throw as many pitches as possible.

The Red Sox have been the best at this for several years. They recently changed philosophies and are not teaching to be aggressive early in the count. One of the reasons is that teams have been so good at stacking their bullpens, the starter going through the order for the third time is frequently less effective than the guy coming in from the pen.

The Red Sox have been the best at this for several years. They recently changed philosophies and are not teaching to be aggressive early in the count. One of the reasons is that teams have been so good at stacking their bullpens, the starter going through the order for the third time is frequently less effective than the guy coming in from the pen.

That and the larger strikezone means patient hitters often find themselves in a hole.

As of approximately ten games prior to the All Star break, it was a factor in how well the team was doing.

Believe me I've written on multiple occasions that the depth on the 25/40 man is good, and that's a good thing. The team should be better than its current record.

My moniker is an homage to Buck Showalter, nothing more.

That's fine but it's more than a moniker to me. A lot of our role-players had huge games the last couple of years and we just haven't seen that this year.

I think that it's worth trying. I don't believe that Parades takes all that much from our budget. This is assuming that Paredes continues to hit the way he had been. Now if Paredes drops way off in the next month, then I would say it's time to DFA him.

You would DFA him at the end of August when you can simply carry him on the roster through September and hide him?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived