We are a sad, sad looking baseball team. Hope Dan has the feelers out on all our FAs.

BamaOsFan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need to be exploring all options.

Things look bad right now.

The reality is simple: if we can't get out of this slump by the trade deadline, the Orioles FO owes it to the fanbase to be honest about the team's future. We can no longer exist in the "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" limbo that has worked for the past three seasons but is otherwise unsustainable for long-term success.

I really wonder if DD is prepared to do what is necessary?

MSK

I am going to go contrarian and say we are about to bust out of our slump. Keep creating opportunities like we did today, and the tide will turn.

If we aren't 5 games over .500 by trade deadline.. trade away. Get arms and bats for the future and call up Walker, Alvarez and others.

Regardless if the team can get it together a little by the trade deadline, we all know that there won't be any trades made that make us contenders. Either ride it out with this group and hope we can make the playoffs or trade our upcoming FAs

This... if we aren't going to make some major trades that make us the clear front runner, we shouldn't get a Scott Feldman on a seller's market with what little prospects we have left. The trade deadline is not the time to buy in my opinion. We should shop the pending FAs and see if we can get some nice, impact prospects for next year. If we don't get something on value then so be it, don't trade. Maybe the miraculous turn away will be on the way. Then see if we can luck our way in.

It's a seller's market, and we have a good number of 2 month rentals at this point....

I am going to go contrarian and say we are about to bust out of our slump. Keep creating opportunities like we did today, and the tide will turn.

I keep thinking that too. I don't know how many more RISP opportunities I can watch and continue to be positive though. Common sense tells me it's got to turn around eventually but I'm starting to doubt common sense.

Archived