Remember that time we went 162-0?

SamsHorn

and every player played perfectly all season? And we made all the right moves. And no one got injured? And we had no bad stretches?

Yeah, me neither.

Just a friendly reminder that baseball is hard. Very hard.

P.S. Sorry. Had to be done.

Man, I loved watching Sam Horn swing, great handle!

I'm 100% with ya on that, yes it had to be done. But it's not like the anger/frustration doesn't isn't warranted either. And that's the thing with the East this year- every team has stretches where they look great, and other times where they can't win a game. Heck, Chris Davis can't even catch a break- anybody ever see someone get robbed of a hr 3 times in one month before?

The East is going to tighten back up again, we all know that. That means whoever gets red hot in September is going to win the division. That includes the O's. Yes it really, really, ( double really :rolleyes:) sucks, but there is still time to turn it around. If this were mid August, that might be different story, so relax Roy- sorry Roy, couldn't resist. :D

I don't know if we have the horses, but the only way to find out is to have some perseverance.

And sometimes you have the horses but they just don't perform as well as they could or should. A lot of people are decrying the FO and off-season, but maybe it's just a year of underperformance for enough guys at once to put you in a (hopefully brief) tailspin. It happens. Sometimes you come up boxcars, sometimes snake eyes. You just keep rolling the dice.

I will never forget 162-0. I was at that game. With Oldfan. Luis Aparicio hit 14 triples. You can look it up.

We had no walks that entire year. Everybody swung at every pitch. Because men were men. And women were men. And children were men. Ah, the good old days.

I will never forget 162-0. I was at that game. With Oldfan. Luis Aparicio hit 14 triples. You can look it up.

I thought that was the game against the Rangers we lost a few years back? At least that's how I remember it.

Archived