Duquette: "We will have more than enough offense"

Sports Guy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, based on those comments, I'd have to say Duquette is either equivocating, or Perlozzo is the problem. He said "we don't really use our bench that much" but he didn't seem to think that was a positive based on his tone.

Duquette and Perlozzo are not on the same page IMO. I think there is some friction there. Angelos and Flanagan like him though so he'll stick around. I think Duq might be a little ticked off Sam didn't want to use any of the RH minor league free agents he brought in. There were three to choose from and Sam went with the LH light hitting Brandon Fahey clone.

He really isn't a fit though, that is the problem.

Does Knott make more sense? Yes. But Perez is ABSOLUTELY a fit to a team that looks ridiculous vs LHP. If someone doesn't fit at this point, it's Millar. He's a likeable guy that can smack a fastball, but on this team, given the roster, give me Perez over Millar.

Duquette and Perlozzo are not on the same page IMO. I think there is some friction there. Angelos and Flanagan like him though so he'll stick around. I think Duq might be a little ticked off Sam didn't want to use any of the RH minor league free agents he brought in. There were three to choose from and Sam went with the LH light hitting Brandon Fahey clone.
I get that very distinct impression as well.

Just watch: Duq will be canned before Perlozzo will. It's "The Way of the Angelos" - fire the smart ones and promote the incompetent ones.

The offense will be better than it has been the last 3-4 years. Our regular 9 guys are pretty well balanced. The bench is terrible, and we've got a few guys who will be liabilities against RHP or LHP, but overall, its the best lineup we've had in the last few years at least, and we should be able to score plenty of runs. I'm much more worried about our #4/5 starters than I am about the lineup.

I agree that we need to fix the bench. If House plays well defensively at Norfolk, maybe he can be the backup, but Knott or Dubois should definitely be here. I'd really prefer an 11-man pitching staff and to go with Payton/Millar, Bako, Gomez, House, Knott/Dubois as the bench.

Does Knott make more sense? Yes. But Perez is ABSOLUTELY a fit to a team that looks ridiculous vs LHP. If someone doesn't fit at this point, it's Millar. He's a likeable guy that can smack a fastball, but on this team, given the roster, give me Perez over Millar.
I agree. If they're not going to give Knott a chance, I'd rather have a dude in a wheelchair out in LF, as long as he can hit LHPs.

Archived