Tommy Hunter Appreciation Thread

BMann

Will really miss Tommy, best of luck with the Cubs. Guy got way too much hate as a pitcher here - was a solid bullpen piece that I think it foolish to trade at this point.

But I digress - good luck, Tommy. Will be at Wrigley in a few weeks and will give him a shout in my O's gear. What an entertaining guy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will really miss Tommy, best of luck with the Cubs. Guy got way too much hate as a pitcher here - was a solid bullpen piece that I think it foolish to trade at this point.

But I digress - good luck, Tommy. Will be at Wrigley in a few weeks and will give him a shout in my O's gear. What an entertaining guy.

936b88bdedbef2c7badf21da196bca8a.jpg

Guest rochester

I know the objective world of stats will not back me up but... not having Tommy Hunter in the clubhouse is not be a good thing. We can debate the merits of his production but what Roch says in his blog post this AM.

They need to finish coming to grips with the Tommy Hunter trade, which is as popular in the clubhouse as raw sewage. It's a tough sell for players, with the return for one of the most popular figures on the team being a Triple-A shortstop-turned-outfielder who may or may not crack the expanded roster in September. They smell a salary dump and they're not happy, but this too shall pass.

If Tommy really loves it here so much then he could re sign in the offseason. Especially if O'day leaves. Right now our pen is looking like...

Britton-out of options

Brach-out of options

Roe- out of options

Bundy-out of options

Macfarland-out of options

Add O'day then Givens, Wright, Wilson, SJ, Cabral, Rondon, and it's looking pretty full.

I know the objective world of stats will not back me up but... not having Tommy Hunter in the clubhouse is not be a good thing. We can debate the merits of his production but what Roch says in his blog post this AM.

I get the feeling Dan D is also as popular as raw sewage

If Tommy really loves it here so much then he could re sign in the offseason. Especially if O'day leaves.

We'd have to shed some salary to bring back Tommy Hunter next year... he makes what now? About 4.5 a season I think? With all these cheap arms coming up from the minors, we can probably shift that money to other focuses.

I won't be upset if he comes back later though.

If Tommy really loves it here so much then he could re sign in the offseason. Especially if O'day leaves. Right now our pen is looking like...

Britton-out of options

Brach-out of options

Roe- out of options

Bundy-out of options

Macfarland-out of options

Add O'day then Givens, Wright, Wilson, SJ, Cabral, Rondon, and it's looking pretty full.

McF should have an option remaining.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived