What would you offer Davis?

Ori-Al

If you truly believe he won't be getting 100M or 20 per year then you are setting yourself up to be very disappointed.

Alex Gordon is the other big name. Maybe Zobrist and Ian Desmond given their ability to play middle infield. And Boras would tell you to include Wieters too.

At the end of the day, the money will go after pitching (Price, Grienke, Cueto, Zimmerman, etc).

Unless teams think Davis can be passable OF, that narrows possibilities because most of the big spenders are set there.

NYY -- still have our friend Tex

TOR -- EE and probably tapped out financially

BOS -- future position for Hanley or Panda

LAD -- AGon

Cubs -- Rizzo

DET -- MCab

LAA -- Pujols

TEX -- Fielder

Who does that realistically leave aside from SEA and NYM (although depending on Cespedes and budget, are they really a player?)? Boras will try to drum up interest from WAS too.

I'm relatively optimistic on O's re-signing Davis as long as $$$ does not exceed $100m or $20m AAV.

Alex Gordon is the other big name. Maybe Zobrist and Ian Desmond given their ability to play middle infield. And Boras would tell you to include Wieters too.

At the end of the day, the money will go after pitching (Price, Grienke, Cueto, Zimmerman, etc).

Unless teams think Davis can be passable OF, that narrows possibilities because most of the big spenders are set there.

NYY -- still have our friend Tex

TOR -- EE and probably tapped out financially

BOS -- future position for Hanley or Panda

LAD -- AGon

Cubs -- Rizzo

DET -- MCab

LAA -- Pujols

TEX -- Fielder

Who does that realistically leave aside from SEA and NYM (although depending on Cespedes and budget, are they really a player?)? Boras will try to drum up interest from WAS too.

I'm relatively optimistic on O's re-signing Davis as long as $$$ does not exceed $100m or $20m AAV.

He will almost certainly eclipse those numbers. All of those AL teams have DH spots they can use to make room. Encarnacion, Fielder, and Pujols already mostly DH.

He will almost certainly eclipse those numbers. All of those AL teams have DH spots they can use to make room. Encarnacion, Fielder, and Pujols already mostly DH.

With Boras his agent, I wouldn't be surprised if his starting asking price is something stupid like 8 yr, $200 mil. Teixeira money.

Meaning you think he's a bad investment at 5/75 (I think he'll get more of course) or anything more than that? Is there a minimum contract for 5/6 years that you would sign him too?

I'm certain I could come up with a contract I'd offer, but as you say I'm also sure it will be well below what it takes to sign him.

Archived