vs. RED SOX, 9/25

OFFNY

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you'd be right in saying that, but the VAST majority of the OH is not here in this game thread tonight.

As for me, I don't necessarily disagree with letting Matt walk. There's a good chance he won't live up to whatever long-term deal he can muster, but my thing is you better have a contingency plan that involves talent currently outside of the organization.

I don't want to offer him a long term deal. Not what I said, but him accepting the QO against all odds wouldn't be the worst outcome either. I think there's a pretty good chance he bounces back next year.

Keep throwing him heaters. If Matt was catching he would get ripped. Gausman is a one trick pony, not nearly as polished as he needs to be by now.

I'm not saying it's not his fault, but it's clear we haven't done him any favors by bouncing him around and have failed to get him to develop other pitches. Sad to think how good he would be for another franchise

Still can be good. I think EROD might be slightly ahead of him.Being moved all over the place this year might not have helped.

I get that to a point but to me the up and down has hurt him from an experience standpoint. I don't see where that is the reason he can't command his stuff better. Experience matters mentally but you can either command or you can't.

Archived