2015 World Series: Mets vs. Royals

OFFNY

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Royals have gotta be the first team in history to have trailed in the 8th or 9th inning in 3 of their 4 WS wins, right? It's crazy how resourceful/lucky they are. But, man, it must've been awesome as a KC fan to watch this series. Too bad that the Royals organization has a number of real jackasses that make it impossible to root for them..

So many Mets fans angry with Murphy. They likely don't make it out of the NLDS without his week and a half of god mode, but now it's time to shun him and kick him out of town.

Perhaps that means he won't get the QO after all, and he won't be getting the insane offers people were talking about during his hot streak.

Collins didn't have many options at this point. He screwed up earlier. Should have yanked Harvey after one batter reached. That homer by Gordon in 1st game was huge.

Obviously this is second guessing, but I was surprised he took Neise out. Did he pinch hit for him earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One hit after another and another error.

Royals were down 4 runs with 6 outs to go vs Houston. Madson got hammered and I thought they were done.

Exactly. You can't tell me that some luck is not involved. Yes, they are good. But they are not that good. But, at the end of the day, all champions have luck on their side.

How does the Church of Sabermetrics feel about a team like the Royals winning the World Series?????

It's amazing what can happen when guys put the ball in play instead of striking out

You do realize that a study such as Sabermetrics is on the opposite side of the scale as a religion right?

Actually you probably don't realize that since your post history shows an almost total ignorance of what Sabermetrics actually is.

You do realize that a study such as Sabermetrics is on the opposite side of the scale as a religion right?

Actually you probably don't realize that since your post history shows an almost total ignorance of what Sabermetrics actually is.

I wasn't comparing it to religion in a literal sense. LOL come on, man. Thank you for illustrating my point - sabermetrics guys look at everything in black and white.

Sabermetrics say that strikeouts aren't a big deal. Well, the Royals just proved how beneficial it can be to put the ball in play.

Archived