Wieters

fdfcosta

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wouldn't shock me to see Arrieta jump everyone this year and be our best(or second best behind Tillman) pitching prospect and be up here by September.

I agree with this. Arrieta, Tillman, and Spoone are my three favorite pitching prospects in that order.

BTW, I asked Tony back when we got Tillman and he said that Tillman and Arrieta were probably our top two prospects.

Everyone keeps saying Arrieta was a 1st round talent taken in the 5th round.

It's a great start, but remember it's one game. I hate to put a negative spin on that notion of putting them in the bigs by September, but it's one game. We need to see what these guys do over the course of a full season. Personally, I hold off, move them to Bowie at some point and let them come to Spring Training and fight for jobs next season.

It's a great start, but remember it's one game. I hate to put a negative spin on that notion of putting them in the bigs by September, but it's one game. We need to see what these guys do over the course of a full season. Personally, I hold off, move them to Bowie at some point and let them come to Spring Training and fight for jobs next season.

I agree with this approach.

Thinking about it in terms of roster spaces, Spoone and Hernandez need to be on the 40 man this offseason so they should be getting the first looks.

Arrieta and Wieters have to earn there way on to the 40 man before they need to be added, which I am sure they will though.

The thing is, we are talking about elite(well Arrieta moreso in his previous year more than last) COLLEGE players...When you are an elite college player, if you go to the minors and play well, you are very close to being in the majors.

It is just the way it is.

If they were out of high school, no one would say anything...But college kids are a different story.

Archived