2015 Team/2016 Team

Bahama O's Fan

Let's do a comparison of the two as the offseason progresses:

Subtractions:

Steve Clevenger (30 games last year in the majors)

Additions:

Mark Trumbo (142 games last year in the majors)

L.J. Hoes (8 games last year in the majors)

Are you waiting until players sign elsewhere to eliminate the free agents like Chen? You can also add Vance Worley to additions as I think he'll have an impact with the big club.

Thanks' date=' forgot about Worley. And yes, I'm waiting till Chen and/or Davis sign elsewhere before I take them off[/quote']

It's kind of interesting that none of our free agents have signed somewhere else yet. Last year, Markakis, Cruz and Miller were all gone by December 5.

The team as of now, post winter meetings edition(Because I wanted to):

Gausman

Ubaldo

Tillman

Gonzo

Worley

Britton

O'day

Givens

Brach

Matusz

Roe(out of options)

Bundy(out of options)

C Wieters

1B Trumbo

2B Schoop

3B Machado

SS Hardy

LF Reimold

CF Jones

RF Hoes(out of options)

DH Paredes(out of options)

Joseph C

Flaherty Util

Rickard OF (Rule 5)

Urrutia OF

If Bundy isn't healthy there is going to be a major battle for a bullpen spot. I could see it going to whoever is out of options at the time. Right now that would be Olmos. There will be a similar battle for the 4th and 5th OF spots. Paredes has played all 13 of his DWL games in RF. He's also out of options. Hoes is out of options. Rickard is a rule 5 guy. Then guys like Urrutia, Alvarez, Walker, Mancini could all have huge springs. But just like the pitchers, I see us keeping the guys without options to start the year. Keep the depth. Obviously the team will be changed. :pray:

The team as of now, post winter meetings edition(Because I wanted to):

Gausman

Ubaldo

Tillman

Gonzo

Worley

Britton

O'day

Givens

Brach

Matusz

Roe(out of options)

Bundy(out of options)

C Wieters

1B Trumbo

2B Schoop

3B Machado

SS Hardy

LF Reimold

CF Jones

RF Hoes(out of options)

DH Paredes(out of options)

Joseph C

Flaherty Util

Rickard OF (Rule 5)

Urrutia OF

If Bundy isn't healthy there is going to be a major battle for a bullpen spot. I could see it going to whoever is out of options at the time. Right now that would be Olmos. There will be a similar battle for the 4th and 5th OF spots. Paredes has played all 13 of his DWL games in RF. He's also out of options. Hoes is out of options. Rickard is a rule 5 guy. Then guys like Urrutia, Alvarez, Walker, Mancini could all have huge springs. But just like the pitchers, I see us keeping the guys without options to start the year. Keep the depth. Obviously the team will be changed. :pray:

Seeing it all laid out like that is certainly interesting. I think it clearly shows at least 3 more pieces are needed: SP, OF and one more bat (1B/DH/OF). LF, RF and DH are questionable right now, but I'm okay with one of the OF spots being left for some combination of Paredes, Hoes, Reimold, Rickard, Alvarez, etc to earn.

Archived