Kansas

lint06

Calipari will NEVER win a big game. I'll stand by it until it happens. Credit for making it this far, no doubt, but when it mattered his team folded. Doesn't matter anyway, much like his UMASS teams, all the records will be erased when they go on probabtion in 5 years.

Thank god that scumbag didn't win a National Championship.

I still can't believe Memphis didn't foul Kansas in the final seconds. I can never understand why coaches ever give the other team a chance for a three-pointer to tie the game. The percentage is too high. It's much less likely to be able to make a first free throw, then get an offensive rebound, and then score.

Kellogg was saying the same thing. And when they interviewed Coach Cal, he said they tried to, but didn't. I think the thing to do is let him bring the ball up the court and then foul him. You want the clock to wind down to under 5 and then foul. It looked like the guy slipped when Chalmers went to his left. Once Chalmers got in the air, if you can't knock him down, you can't foul because you risk a 4 point play. It was still an unbelievable shot.

Memphis let that game slip by missing FTs, Dorsey fouling out on a bad foul away from the hoop, and turning the ball over late in regulation allowing Kansas to score 5 points, cutting the lead from 9-4, in less than 10 seconds.

Calipari will NEVER win a big game. I'll stand by it until it happens. Credit for making it this far, no doubt, but when it mattered his team folded. Doesn't matter anyway, much like his UMASS teams, all the records will be erased when they go on probabtion in 5 years.

I know you don't like this guy from reading your posts and you do know your college hoops, but it's kind of hard to blame Calipari when your team tanks it at the line (with their all-American 71% shooter missing most of them), your big guy commits a silly foul to get his 5th. They throw an inbounds pass back to Kansas and allow them to score 5 points in 10 seconds.

By the way, CDR should have received a technical at the end of regulation for slamming the ball down.

Haha. Our office pool at work came down to my two bosses. One needed Kansas, the other Memphis. I asked the one who had Memphis if Memphis won would he return the money when the title was stripped in three years.

I know you don't like this guy from reading your posts and you do know your college hoops, but it's kind of hard to blame Calipari when your team tanks it at the line (with their all-American 71% shooter missing most of them), your big guy commits a silly foul to get his 5th. They throw an inbounds pass back to Kansas and allow them to score 5 points in 10 seconds.

By the way, CDR should have received a technical at the end of regulation for slamming the ball down.

I agree, they should've won the game. Looking back, there are certainly ways to second guess Calipari and his lack of substitutions, the team not fouling...etc. But you're right, they hit one foul shot and they're the national champs. Karma's a tough thing to overcome though and cheaters never prosper!

CDR was mad at himself, not the refs, so I think a no call was the best way to go there. He wasn't showing anyone up by any means.

I agree, they should've won the game. Looking back, there are certainly ways to second guess Calipari and his lack of substitutions, the team not fouling...etc. But you're right, they hit one foul shot and they're the national champs. Karma's a tough thing to overcome though and cheaters never prosper!

CDR was mad at himself, not the refs, so I think a no call was the best way to go there. He wasn't showing anyone up by any means.

Yeah, Calipari did blame himself saying something to the effect that he was trying to win it in regulation and didn't substitute his guys well making them tired in overtime.

I understand your point about CDR and Packer made the same one (not sure you want to be in the same company as Packer :D), but what if that happened in the first half? I'm pretty sure he would have been T'd up. I'm glad the refs didn't make themselves part of the outcome, but it was a pretty stupid thing to do by CDR. And I'm not picking on the guy, I think he's the most like-able guy on their team, unlike Dorsey. Can't stand him.

Great game, but they are one of the least memorable championship teams I've ever seen.

Totally disagree. They had a great season and to beat UNC and Memphis back-to-back ... a great final four run. They are the best defensive team I have seen in quite some time and there are 5-6 guys on that team that can score. Great balance. Again, I would love to see them up against those Florida teams and other recent champs.

3 potential first rounders?:

http://nbadraft.net/

I'm looking at that mock draft wondering why the Wizards would draft CDR and Shan Foster to go with Deshawn Stevenson and Nick Young. I would love to get CDR and think he will be a very good NBA player, but c'mon.

Plus the Heat taking Derrick Rose when they have D-Wade. They will go with Beasley for sure.

And I don't even like the NBA.:D

Archived