Kazmir or Gallardo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Kazmir or Gallardo

• Kazmir 6.1 WAR last 3 years, Lefty
    • Gallardo 7.1 WAR last 3 Years, Cost Pick #14

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not me. I think Kazmir is better than Chen. If Kazmir was two years younger he would have landed a five year deal. Chen lands a deal similar to Mike Leake IMO (5/80).

Kazmir has had better seasons then Chen. He has also had abysmal seasons and league average seasons. Guy is more like Ubaldo Jimenez and I have a strict 1 Ubaldo rule.

2015 is likely a rebound year for Kazmir but it is highly likely to be his best season of his final seasons. Kudos for him signing in the NL, he will do better in LA then anymore in the AL.

Chen is younger and has been trending the right direction. I wont' be happy about 5/100 but its not wildly out of line with this market either.

Kazmir has had better seasons then Chen. He has also had abysmal seasons and league average seasons. Guy is more like Ubaldo Jimenez and I have a strict 1 Ubaldo rule.

2015 is likely a rebound year for Kazmir but it is highly likely to be his best season of his final seasons. Kudos for him signing in the NL, he will do better in LA then anymore in the AL.

Chen is younger and has been trending the right direction. I wont' be happy about 5/100 but its not wildly out of line with this market either.

He's been pretty consistent the past three years since his comeback: 4.04, 3.55, and 3.10 with a K/9 around 8.

With the Dodgers seemingly done shopping for pitching, I wonder if that brings Chen's price down? Seems like all the high-payroll teams are about done acquiring arms, aren't they?

As to the opt-out, it seems like a tolerable risk for the Dodgers. And I don't see why this would be addressed in the CBA. Nobody is forcing these teams to give opt-out clauses, just like nobody forces players to agree to a team option.

Archived