Kazmir or Gallardo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Kazmir or Gallardo

• Kazmir 6.1 WAR last 3 years, Lefty
    • Gallardo 7.1 WAR last 3 Years, Cost Pick #14

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles are absolutely nuts if they give up their number 14 pick. As you know, the Orioles farm system is nothing to write home about. I wish the Orioles would stop being so cheap. I would like to know if Kazmir was not interested in signing with the Orioles. The Dodgers got a great deal if you ask me. The only thing that I don't like about his contract is the opt out after one year. I wish the Orioles would move on from Chris Davis or tell him they are going to sign someone else if he doesn't sign with them ASAP. I would like the Orioles to sign Gordon or Upton if the Orioles don't sign Chris. Atleast the Orioles would get back a draft pick in that situation

Based on his history, so is Kazmir - to some degree. I'm not terribly sad we didn't get him. A little maybe... but not a lot.

It depends on the makeup of the roster at the end of ST.

If it's Tillman, Gonzo, Jimenez, Gausman and Wright/Wilson then not replacing Chen with a similar caliber player and not adding a strong starter would be terribly depressing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we lose the 14th pick for Davis too or just the pick we would have got if he signs elsewhere?

I feel like we're in this awkward position where we've spent a lot so far to not improve the team from last year so we either take all the draft picks and sign free agents without QOs or give up multiple picks to make the team better. Cespedes and Latos would be the best option at this point IMO. That would be an improvement without mortgaging the future.

Do we lose the 14th pick for Davis too or just the pick we would have got if he signs elsewhere?

I feel like we're in this awkward position where we've spent a lot so far to not improve the team from last year so we either take all the draft picks and sign free agents without QOs or give up multiple picks to make the team better. Cespedes and Latos would be the best option at this point IMO. That would be an improvement without mortgaging the future.

Just lose the pick we would gain from him signing elsewhere.

We lose pick 30 for Davis.

The Orioles are absolutely nuts if they give up their number 14 pick. As you know' date=' the Orioles farm system is nothing to write home about. I wish the Orioles would stop being so cheap. I would like to know if Kazmir was not interested in signing with the Orioles. The Dodgers got a great deal if you ask me. The only thing that I don't like about his contract is the opt out after one year. I wish the Orioles would move on from Chris Davis or tell him they are going to sign someone else if he doesn't sign with them ASAP. I would like the Orioles to sign Gordon or Upton if the Orioles don't sign Chris. Atleast the Orioles would get back a draft pick in that situation[/quote']

I certainly wouldn't stay up at worrying about the Orioles signing Gallardo. Latos or Fister, both coming off poor seasons are much more likely.

Yeah, Davis. Unless he wants an opt out. I could see him taking less than 150 from another club if they include an opt out after year 1. The opt out is now the single greatest threat to completing this offseason the way we'd like it to be completed.

If all other clubs are willing to include opt outs, it takes us out of the picture for basically every top tier free agent, and even every 2nd or 3rd tier starting pitcher. We'd be basically left with Latos and Alvarez, if we're lucky.

I don't see why any team - even one of the very wealthy ones - would give up their highest draft pick and add a 1-year opt-out to the contract. It just make any sense.

I don't see why any team - even one of the very wealthy ones - would give up their highest draft pick and add a 1-year opt-out to the contract. It just make any sense.

If said player leaves they will get the pick back next year. Although pick probably won't be as high.

Yeah, Davis. Unless he wants an opt out. I could see him taking less than 150 from another club if they include an opt out after year 1. The opt out is now the single greatest threat to completing this offseason the way we'd like it to be completed.

If all other clubs are willing to include opt outs, it takes us out of the picture for basically every top tier free agent, and even every 2nd or 3rd tier starting pitcher. We'd be basically left with Latos and Alvarez, if we're lucky.

This makes a lot of sense. Say CD takes a 5/90 M contract heavily back loaded so next year he is making 16 M. A lot of clubs would be interested in that.The catch is he gets a one year opt out. Next year the MFY, TOR, BOS, CHW, and TEX, will all be in the market for a 1B, among others. If he has a halfway decent year he could be making the big bucks he wants.

This makes a lot of sense. Say CD takes a 5/90 M contract heavily back loaded so next year he is making 16 M. A lot of clubs would be interested in that.The catch is he gets a one year opt out. Next year the MFY, TOR, BOS, CHW, and TEX, will all be in the market for a 1B, among others. If he has a halfway decent year he could be making the big bucks he wants.

That's scary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived