Kazmir v. Gallardo

orioles4lyfe

Kazmir or Gallardo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Kazmir or Gallardo

• Kazmir 6.1 WAR last 3 years, Lefty
    • Gallardo 7.1 WAR last 3 Years, Cost Pick #14

I was surprised to find out Mat Latos' FIP last season was lower than Chen's.

Mat Latos

Age 28

2015 FIP: 3.72

2015 K/9: 7.7

2015 K/BB: 3.13

Lifetime ERA: 3.51

Wei-Yin Chen

Age 30

2015 FIP: 4.16

2015 K/9: 7.2

2015 K/BB: 3.73

Lifetime ERA: 3.72

All that considered, Latos only put up a 78 ERA+ last year, while Chen put up 124. If you'd ask me, Latos would not be a bad bounce-back candidate at all.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went Gallardo, even with the pick. He has just looked more consistent to me over the years. Kazmir... I got a weird feeling he might break down again. The wheels could just come clean off at some point. They probably won't, given that he has come back from that already. But... I think Gallardo is a safer sign, all other things being equal (which they are not, given the pick factor).

Any chance the O's match up with the lefty heavy Dodgers? What would it take to get Alex Wood?

I'm steering away from Gallardo. He is not worth a pick.

Anything remotely like this would be great. (And) I'm agreeing on the Gallardo no go. Then get Latos or Fister and move on to the batting lineup.

None of the starting pitchers left on the FA market are worth giving up the 14th pick. I would focus on a bounce-back candidate like Latos or Fister, or perhaps both.

I would like to see the O's sign both Latos and Fister. Let's bulk up on depth and quantity if we aren't going to get quality SP. Also make it an open competition in ST -- 7 or 8 guys competing for 5 spots, no guarantees to anyone, except maybe KG if he finally has a plausible third pitch.

I would like to see the O's sign both Latos and Fister. Let's bulk up on depth and quantity if we aren't going to get quality SP. Also make it an open competition in ST -- 7 or 8 guys competing for 5 spots, no guarantees to anyone, except maybe KG if he finally has a plausible third pitch.

O's don't have enough money in the budget for both. Fister's decrease is velo is pretty scary. I would take Lato if he can pass the physical.

Archived