Adam LaRoche is retiring; is there a deal to be made with the White Sox

paulcoates

Bizarre. How would 99% of America's bosses respond if you just brought your kid to work every day. I suspect they would tell you they need you to focus on work 100% when you are there.

Just another example of an out of touch athlete

Your kid ...... or your wife ...... and when she was sick, you literally had a bed transported into the studio for her.

2-Linda-McCartney-The-Beatles-and-Yoko-Ono-1969-.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but bringing your child into the clubhouse every single day isn't fair to the other players. I'm sure they are biting their tongues and not being able to be themselves because there's a child in their presence at all times! Not to mention the liabilities and the divided attention. If you're making that much money you can afford someone to watch him for a few hours.

He's been doing this for years with other clubs as well, and there has never been a problem. Other players would have made it known if it bothered them. Really how much of a distraction is the kid going to be? If any it's on the players. This is Williams posturing IMO because he is on the hot seat. Or looking for a way to get rid of La Roche.

Bizarre. How would 99% of America's boss respond if you just brought your kid to work every day. I suspect they would tell you they need you to focus on work 100% when you are there.

Hopefully, it is worth it to Kenny Williams to overrule Robin Ventura and GM Hahn as well as to be energetically cussed at by a few players. Williams is taking a beating for players unwilling to publicly say anything (even anonymously) or Williams is trying to do some clubhouse chemistry weird thing.

That said...my god, no. There is no spot for LaRoche on this club.

In the 21st century world this is more complicated then "if I let him do it everyone wants to do it so we can't." Is the kid a distraction or a disruption? It appears to me that the answer to this is no. I think it is a business best interest to make the workplace a happier place to be. If the player is happier with his son present and it isn't hurting anyone else then I don't see where it should be a problem. I think a happier employee is generally a more productive employee.

Hopefully, it is worth it to Kenny Williams to overrule Robin Ventura and GM Hahn as well as to be energetically cussed at by a few players. Williams is taking a beating for players unwilling to publicly say anything (even anonymously) or Williams is trying to do some clubhouse chemistry weird thing.

That said...my god, no. There is no spot for LaRoche on this club.

I don't think the question is about acquiring LaRoche. I think it's about sending Trumbo or Walker or someone to the White Sox since we have a plethora of 1B/DH types.

He's been doing this for years with other clubs as well, and there has never been a problem. Other players would have made it known if it bothered them. Really how much of a distraction is the kid going to be? If any it's on the players. This is Williams posturing IMO because he is on the hot seat. Or looking for a way to get rid of La Roche.

Maybe someone did and that's why he was asked to tone it down? I think the point is balance. He didn't say he couldn't bring his kid to work. Just not every single day. Seems like a completely reasonable request.

In the 21st century world this is more complicated then "if I let him do it everyone wants to do it so we can't." Is the kid a distraction or a disruption? It appears to me that the answer to this is no. I think it is a business best interest to make the workplace a happier place to be. If the player is happier with his son present and it isn't hurting anyone else then I don't see where it should be a problem. I think a happier employee is generally a more productive employee.

Except he wasn't being productive.

Wonder what it would take to get Quintana from them? I know...I'm dreaming...

That's the only guy on their team that would make sense. They're actually similar to us. Shaky SP and pretty good lineup. I think our lineup is better. Our BP is a lot better. They have two former O's penciled in for their pen. Matt Albers and Zach Phillips. Laroche retiring will help them out. Now they can DH Abreu and play Travis Ishikawa at 1st.

Anyway since we're dreaming... Trumbo, Givens, T.Scott for Quintana.

Bizarre. How would 99% of America's boss respond if you just brought your kid to work every day. I suspect they would tell you they need you to focus on work 100% when you are there.

Not as bizarre as you think. The kid is 14. My dad was an electrician. I would get a work permit from my school when I was that age and work everyday with my dad. I'm sure a lot of people growing up did this with their parents. Plus it's common practice for daycare teachers and regular teachers to have their kids go to the same school as they work. I'm sure it happens all the time in the summer with parents and kids. There's a ton of scenarios like that.

Archived