Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2016

OFFNY

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Roch:

If Showalter is interested in giving Adam Jones a night off, this would be the ideal time. He’s 1-for-33 with a walk and eight strikeouts against Danks.

J.J. Hardy is 9-for-25 with four doubles and a home run, Nolan Reimold is 8-for-19 with a double, triple and home run, Matt Wieters is 6-for-27 with two doubles and two home runs, and Chris Davis is 3-for-17 with a home run.

Rickard is comfortable playing all three OF spots and Nolan is just a LF'er. Plus Nolan's arm is a little weak for the cut offs from RF.

Have you seen Rodon's splits?

.261 OPS vs LHB

.801 OPS vs RHB

We have something special for him tonight.

I've never noticed Nolan's arm strength to be lacking. Accuracy can be a problem but Rickard has been having issues of his own throwing.

Rickard is comfortable playing all three OF spots and Nolan is just a LF'er. Plus Nolan's arm is a little weak for the cut offs from RF.

Have you seen Rodon's splits?

.261 OPS vs LHB

.801 OPS vs RHB

We have something special for him tonight.

That's just in four games, small sample size. But last year he still had a big split:

.524 OPS vs LHB

.799 OPS vs RHB

One would think that lineup will do some things tonight (sorry Chris Davis).

My guess for tonight:

Rickard RF

Machado 3B

Davis 1B

Jones CF

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Alvarez DH

Schoop 2B

Kim LF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the lineup talk. Alvarez is the only O's player with AB's v. Latos. In 29 AB's he's got an .865 OPS. Latos has held LH's and RH's to .400-.500 OPS's. The numbers say he will walk you. We have to be patient and walk.

I don't see Trumbo not playing. Kim is going to have to wait. I think Buck alluded to this in his comments about Kim and having to win games.

I like the lineup talk. Alvarez is the only O's player with AB's v. Latos. In 29 AB's he's got an .865 OPS. Latos has held LH's and RH's to .400-.500 OPS's. The numbers say he will walk you. We have to be patient and walk.

I don't see Trumbo not playing. Kim is going to have to wait. I think Buck alluded to this in his comments about Kim and having to win games.

Wasn't that somewhat in reference to the gamut of LHP we were set to face.

Archived