Manny Machado - SS

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - RF

Matthew Wieters - C

Pedro Alvarez - DH

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Ryan Edward Flaherty - 3B

Christopher Steven Tillman - RHP (4-1, 3.05 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER[/size

Justin Brooks Verlander - RHP (2-3, 5.40 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Why the middle name for Flaherty? Just wondering

Rickard has not started every game.

In 3 games, he came in either as a pinch-runner or a late-inning defensive replacement.

In those 3 games, had a grand total of 1 plate appearance.

So yes, technically Rickard has played in every game. But Showalter has not had him in the lineup in every game.

I didn't proclaim that he has started every game.

Even so, only 3 games not started for a low ceiling Rule V guy with two other corner outfield options performing well also, while he himself hasn't been setting the world on fire is strange to me.

Anyone who follows this team knows that Rickard hasn't started every game. I knew what he meant. Just saying.

Right. I was well aware he hasn't started every game, which is exactly why I didn't say he had.

Played in /= started.

My point still stands as intended, he's playing a lot more than anyone should have expected... and I'm not sure why.

You don't read Buck's comments after the games? He loves the guy. He likes Reimold and maybe he even likes Kim but he loves what Rickard does even if the stats don't totally support that love.

Oh, no...I mean, I know that Buck loves him and that's why. I just don't understand some of the infatuations he develops, Rickard being the newest.

I disagree with some stuff but at the end of the day, the team is 21-12 and I didn't even think this team was very good. I'll give Buck the benefit of the doubt.

Can't really argue with that. It's just odd for me to accept a guy who doesn't appear to do anything all that well have this tight of a strangle hold on a job that two other options appear able to do equally or better if given any actual time.

I mean, he's below average offensively overall, has a .666 OPS vs RHP and hasn't impressed me defensively either. By WAR, he's been the least valuable position player on the team.

What am I missing? It's like J.J. Hardy batting second with a .270 OBP most of the year, Delmon Young playing right field and batting cleanup regularly, or Taylor Teagarden...

Archived