Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2016

OFFNY

Yeah, tonight's game is a bad litmus test for whether or not Buck's going to use his new toys (namely Stubbs). Reimold actually does hit CC fairly well.

As it stands, next time we're slotted to face a lefty is Wednesday, in Drew Smyly. If Reimold stars there, too, it's probably safe to assume that the new acquisitions are just going to be bench bodies and that Buck isn't quitting on Nolan.

I think they were mostly brought in to boost late game outfield defense.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES oo (vs. D-RAYS, 9/05)

Adam Jones - CF

Pedro Alvarez, Jr. - DH

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - RF

Matthew Wieters - C

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

James Jerry Hardy - SS

- LF

Ubaldo Jimenez Garcia - RHP (5-11, 6.46 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Matthew Lee Andriese - RHP (6-6, 4.19 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Kim is back and Orioles will thrive.

Kim is back and Orioles will thrive.

At this point with the expanded rosters and plenty of pinch hit options I would think about hitting Kim and Alvarez back to back. Our RH don't hit lefties well anyway.

Buck doesn't like it easy for other manager to match up but Kim hitting 9th I don't care for.

At this point with the expanded rosters and plenty of pinch hit options I would think about hitting Kim and Alvarez back to back. Our RH don't hit lefties well anyway.

Buck doesn't like it easy for other manager to match up but Kim hitting 9th I don't care for.

As much as we think the 9th place hitter is for the worst hitter it's not set up that way on our team. Jones is not a traditional lead off guy. I think Buck put him there to avoid double plays and spark him and just flourished. So Kim batting 9th really turns the lineup over well.

This may sound dumb, but hitting 9th, the pitchers might overlook him and not pitch him so tough. It's a good way to spark us in the 3rd innings too.

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES oo (vs. D-RAYS, 9/06)

Adam Jones - CF

Pedro Alvarez, Jr. - DH

Manny Machado - 3B

Mark Trumbo - RF

Chris Davis - 1B

Steven Wayne Pearce - LF

Matthew Wieters - C

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Yovani Gallardo - RHP (4-7, 5.62 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Jacob Todd Odorizzi - RHP (9-5, 3.56 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Kim riding pine again against a RHP.

Archived