Chris Davis Home Run Watch, 2016

OFFNY

In the end he's having a pretty decent season. Unsurprisingly, all the hand-wringing and outrage about him here in early-mid August has dissipated with a predictable hot streak following a typical cold streak.

It is still a terrible contract that will most likely hinder the Orioles in a significant way in the near future.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is still a terrible contract that will most likely hinder the Orioles in a significant way in the near future.

May be true. I'm hoping as team payrolls continue to rise, and the value of contracts continue to rise, that the contract doesn't look too bad, or even looks good, in 3-4 years time. Kinda like Adam Jones', whose contract didn't look too good at the time--many questioned it (and many more might've if they had known that 2012 was more or less his peak)--but 5 years later looked like a steal.

May be true. I'm hoping as team payrolls continue to rise, and the value of contracts continue to rise, that the contract doesn't look too bad, or even looks good, in 3-4 years time. Kinda like Adam Jones', whose contract didn't look too good at the time--many questioned it (and many more might've if they had known that 2012 was more or less his peak)--but 5 years later looked like a steal.

I don't think the Davis and Jones contracts are at all good comparisons.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived