Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2016

OFFNY

On one of the walks, ball three was right down the middle at the knees, just saying. Ubaldo looked mostly fine, just a few command issues and then one bad pitch. The result could have been better, could have been worse. I am feeling pretty good about Ubaldo, Tillman, and Gausman right now.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Ubaldo looked really good yesterday. His fastball had a lot of movement and he mixed his pitches well. He made very few mistakes, one of which unfortunately got punished by Kiermaier. I'm relatively optimistic that Ubaldo will have a solid year for us.

I thought Ubaldo looked really good yesterday. His fastball had a lot of movement and he mixed his pitches well. He made very few mistakes, one of which unfortunately got punished by Kiermaier. I'm relatively optimistic that Ubaldo will have a solid year for us.

It's hard for me to optimistic with him because I always feel like the mechanics are an issue and it hurts his performance and consequently, the team's. That said, when he's on he really has a nice arsenal from which to select. The mistake last night to Kiermaier wasn't entirely on him either, I didn't care for Joseph's pitch selection.

He looked bad the second half last year.

Folks got way too encouraged over half a season's worth of results.

The walk rate was the most encouraging. Even in the second half it wasn't abysmal (comparatively speaking). He had 2 poor months in July/August. We're not talking about an entire half season.

This year is completely different. That's the issue here. He's reverted mechanics and his walk rate is through the roof again. He's a disaster.

2 more years. Ugh. Why the hell did he revert back to his 2014 mechanics? He looks terrible. WHIP is through the roof.

O's only have him one more year after 2016. Doesn't he have a history of starting slow? I think he can get it together as it gets warmer. If not stick him in the bullpen when a better replacement comes along.

The offense has not helped him much either he has to think he needs to be perfect. The offense gets him some runs maybe he is more aggressive.

What's with the excuses for this guy? He was horrendous today. Just because he can pull a pretty good game out his ass every now and then, doesn't take away the fact that Jimenez is just not a good pitcher. What a waste of money.

What's with the excuses for this guy? He was horrendous today. Just because he can pull a pretty good game out his ass every now and then, doesn't take away the fact that Jimenez is just to a good pitcher. What a waste of money.

When you are not willing to spend but are willing to give up a pick you end up signing fading #4's and #5's.

The walk rate was the most encouraging. Even in the second half it wasn't abysmal (comparatively speaking). He had 2 poor months in July/August. We're not talking about an entire half season.

This year is completely different. That's the issue here. He's reverted mechanics and his walk rate is through the roof again. He's a disaster.

I fail to see how this is any different than Arrieta regarding mechanics. Why did the Orioles, frustrated with Jake in the implementation over their process, allow Jimenez to go back to something they knew was causing ineffective results? A decision which initially sent him to the pen.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/141725-Send-Ubaldo-To-The-BP?p=3505384#post3505384

I fail to see how this is any different than Arrieta regarding mechanics. Why did the Orioles, frustrated with Jake in the implementation over their process, allow Jimenez to go back to something they knew was causing ineffective results? A decision which initially sent him to the pen.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/141725-Send-Ubaldo-To-The-BP?p=3505384#post3505384

How do you stop him?

Put him in the bullpen?

With this rotation?

Archived