Can't Believe that We have Bought into this Hype

weams

Ortiz is the only power hitter. Swihart doesn't look good. Starting pitching is below average,

Betts, Pedroia, and Bogaerts are all excellent hitters. They may not hit 30 HRs but they have plenty of power and are extremely productive at the plate. Ramirez has also historically been excellent and is showing signs of returning to that. The only spot they are weak at offensively is LF.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Betts, Pedroia, and Bogaerts are all excellent hitters. They may not hit 30 HRs but they have plenty of power and are extremely productive at the plate. Ramirez has also historically been excellent and is showing signs of returning to that. The only spot they are weak at offensively is LF.

Yeah, not really looking forward to having to face this guy for the next 10-15 years. He's a player.

Boston is 3-4. 3-4! If they win tonight they're at .500. And fans are freaking out because they've lost games two games in which their pitchers gave up a bunch of homers to the Orioles, who will probably lead baseball in homers this year. Not just SOSH posters - I live in the Boston area and the sentiment is widespread. You can tell from how much booing is going on at their home games as well.

Their team is very good. They have incredible hitting and what should be an excellent back-end of the pen. They're constructed in a very similar fashion to the Orioles in which their only real weakness is starting pitching, but they have David Price to start 1/5 of the games and generally more upside throughout the rest of their rotation.

This is still residuals from the Fire Farrell crowd from last year - frankly I am surprised he wasn't

I still feel like every year Boston is overrated in the pre-season. They have been pretty bad for 3 of the past 4 years, and I never felt like that 2013 team was as good as it turned out to be. I can't get my head around how Fangraphs and company overrate their pitching staff year after year. That said, they do have a good offense and their bullpen should be better than it has been. I don't think the Sox are a 95 win team, but they could contend.

AL East looking really open this year. Nobody really stands out as dominant at a glance, and if they O's can get off to a hot start and maintain .500 or so the rest of the way, they have a great shot.

Who are their starters after Price and Bucholz?

Probably some bums along the lines of Tillman and Gallardo and Ubaldo.

If we were Sox fans the preseason poll here would have them winning 96. Except webbrick and Herman, who'd be beside themselves that anyone thought they'd approach 70.

What in the world is Sandoval doing? Just collecting that big paycheck sitting on the bench?

He ate his way out of playing 3rd, okay, that's sort of a joke.

He lost his 3rd base job, he can't play anywhere else, not that he played 3rd very well and they have a DH with Ortiz.

So they owe him 70 million for the next 4 years.

I still feel like every year Boston is overrated in the pre-season. They have been pretty bad for 3 of the past 4 years, and I never felt like that 2013 team was as good as it turned out to be. I can't get my head around how Fangraphs and company overrate their pitching staff year after year. That said, they do have a good offense and their bullpen should be better than it has been. I don't think the Sox are a 95 win team, but they could contend.

AL East looking really open this year. Nobody really stands out as dominant at a glance, and if they O's can get off to a hot start and maintain .500 or so the rest of the way, they have a great shot.

The only reason they won in 2013 was because of the bombings. They needed to reunify the city and help it heal. The city put that weight on their shoulders, and thats why the Sawx went to and won the WS IMO

I dont envy him that, he is already getting booed at home.

Because the Red Sox raise their already exorbitant prices on everything to get him. They need to pay off that contract somehow. They're pissed off because even the price for a baseball game is about even with what everything else costs up there

Archived