Starting Pitching is Big Achilles Heel

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. It seems like it's going to be ugly. Really need Tillman to be good and Jimenez and Gallardo to give us consistent innings.

I think Mike Wright needs to be in the rotation and MGon needs to be at AAA. MGon and I LOVE the guy is just not getting it done right now.

There is no short term ("This Season") fix to the O's starting pitching

We got into this mess by giving up assets in pursuit of this season fixes

It's time to re-build

Trading Jones & Britton for legitimate starting pitching prospects would be where I would start

but the O's front office is not likely to be able to recognize prospects in other organizations seeing that they didn't recognize the ones they had in their own organization, Hader, Davies, etc.

It's time to re-build

Trading Jones & Britton for legitimate starting pitching prospects would be where I would start

but the O's front office is not likely to be able to recognize prospects in other organizations seeing that they didn't recognize the ones they had in their own organization, Hader, Davies, etc.

The team just spent a quarter of a billion dollars (billion with a "b") to augment this team and it's prospects over the next 2-3 years. Something tells me a rebuild at this stage just isn't in the cards.

FWIW I would have spent the money differently and focused more on the pitching, but in retrospect the notion of a rebuild may well have never been considered by ownership or the FO. It's time to go shopping for Band-Aids. Who knows, the wound may turn out not to be so bad after all.

It's that he didn't have the budget. A lot more if that QO to MW wasn't given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know factually that Duquette was in the camp to Qualify offer him? Or was he in the diametrically opposed camp? Was this Buck against Dan? Which side was Brady on? Or John Russell? Or John Angelos? I'd love to know if you have any insider scoop there.

It's time to re-build

The Rebuild will never occur until after 2018. Never. The Phillies have a cool one going one to enjoy.

I think we will need to rebuild and soon. We have some good players, but not enough to make a run. We're just patching up holes and creating new ones in the process. We screwed ourselves signing Davis to that

massive contract which he is unlikely to ever live up to as well which should have gone to extending Machado. If Rickard works out this year as well as Kim, it might be easier to trade Jones because at least we'd have

a legit center fielder right behind him. Britton, O'Day if he has another good year might be a sell high guy and don't need MW.

I do think it would be a good idea to re-build within the next year or two, but I'm sure Angelos won't allow it. It makes too much sense for PA to grasp it, but just try convincing a billionaire that he's wrong. I'm sure

many have tried, all have failed. Unless something amazing happens over the next year or two, I am for a rebuild while we still have guys with high trade values. If we really tank it this year, I think we should seriously

consider a rebuild next year. I doubt it will happen, though.

The Rebuild will never occur until after 2018. Never. The Phillies have a cool one going one to enjoy.
So I'm the only one to actually address the OP so far. Come on people. Take a stab, it doesn't matter.

I've addressed it. The Orioles will play these and if they need help, they will trade Bundy or Harvey for a "Scott Feldman" that's how it will go.

So I'm the only one to actually address the OP so far. Come on people. Take a stab, it doesn't matter.

I would dive head first into human cloning and raid the MLB HOF graveyard and that may not even be enough. I don't think there is a fix this year. Too much damage has been done VIA mistakes and unwise spending

of money.

The only thing that can save this season is a miracle. Tillman has a 2014 year, Gonzalez finds it and is at the top of his game, Gausman gets healthy and starts blossoming into an ace, Bundy stays healthy and makes a

few dominating starts at the end of the year to top off an outstanding year worthy of a former first round pick, Jimenez has a career year (sell high ALL the way if that happens) and Gallardo can somehow have a

renaissance and hope the offense doesn't get cold too often and that's it. Unfortunately, I think about 80% of that is highly improbable. We've shot ourselves in the foot these last two years after such a promising

start in 2012.

Right now' date=' if Dan were to retire or were fired, and you were put in charge, how would you fix our starting pitching problem for this season? I think we will hit enough and just need the starting pitching to get to the post season.[/quote']

I wouldn't do anything. Cause I know the owner won't allow DD to spend top

dollars on FA pitchers. O's won't get a TOR as long as Angelos is in charge.

IMO

Archived