April 24th @ Seattle

mdterps4life25

Why is our offense inept with runnings in scoring position?

It was a good idea giving Scott the night off tonight though. He has been 0 for whatever since since being held hitless by Pettite in the final game against the Yanks, he just needed a day off to regroup I think

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team deserves this failure year after year because they don't care enough to ever address it. Keeping Crowley means accepting this type of crap over and over again.

I think it's more about having guys like Millar and Huff than it is Crowley. Though I'm not really a Crowley fan either.

Kevin Millar is our cleanup hitter, there our bigger problems to the lack of hitting than Crowley.

Its the sam lack of leadership that resulted in both being on this team. Failedagain's goal must have been to create a .500 at best team that would look great compared to all the other bad recent Orioles teams. The same leadership that didn't stop Millar's vesting option from kicking in.

Maybe I had the side confused. I thought I remembered some stats from a while ago saying he was better from one side.

I wonder if he would do better if he just stayed on one side? Or does switching really help that much?

Must be hard to stay sharp from both sides of the plate.

Internet pundits have been pushing for him to hit only left handed for years, but he's pretty attached to it. His dad had actually taught him to hit from both sides by the time he was two. It's hard to say how he would respond to seeing sliders break away from him for the first time in his life. The last couple of years, the splits haven't been all that bad because he's learned to walk A LOT from the right side. Last year his OBP was actually .013 higher as a righty hitter. With his speed that works out pretty well.

I'm still wondering why Fahey was drafted even in the 12th round. They should have been able to look at him and then go ahead and draft the best available relief pitcher who might have a MLB career in them.

Fahey may not be a superstar but for a 12th round pick he can only be described as a phenomenal success.

What's worse?

Man on third no outs not scoring or 3 hits in a row last night and not scoring on the double?

Oh, last night's thing was definitely worse. The Huff thing was truly amazing. Not focusing on Huff, just on what he managed to do. I've never seen one guy do something on the bases that so profoundly screwed up so many things at once.

Archived