A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

Kim walks more than Ichiro.

Actually, they have identical walk rates in 2016!

But yeah, he'll probably walk a bit more than Ichiro in his prime (I'd guess Kim will walk at about a 9% clip to Suzukis 6.5%). He will strike out more as well methinks, though his swing stats are really encouraging so far.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, they have identical walk rates in 2016!

But yeah, he'll probably walk a bit more than Ichiro in his prime (I'd guess Kim will walk at about a 9% clip to Suzukis 6.5%). He will strike out more as well methinks, though his swing stats are really encouraging so far.

His history says he doesn't strike out much more than he walks.

Kim will need to hit for a lot more than 138 PA before I start comparing him to Ichiro, even though their styles are somewhat similar. He's been great but I do think his final numbers won't be as good as they are right now. (Hope I'm wrong!)

I wasn't trying to say he should be considered in the same breath.

But, singles and getting on base, beats outs, on any given day.

Kim looks very comfortable at the plate and not out matched.

I think we have a large enough sample size now to say that Kim is the real deal.

He seems to be getting better and better as the season goes on which tells me as good as he's been, he is still adjusting to major league pitching.

I would not be surprised at all to see the power to start coming in bunches and see him end the season with 10-15 homeruns.

I wasn't trying to say he should be considered in the same breath.

But, singles and getting on base, beats outs, on any given day.

Kim looks very comfortable at the plate and not out matched.

I think Kim should be the starting LF. He is better than Nolan and Joey. IMO.but

what the way Buck is playing him is working. The team is winning. That's what's

important.

I think Kim should be the starting LF. He is better than Nolan and Joey. IMO.but

what the way Buck is playing him is working. The team is winning. That's what's

important.

I agree, dont monkey with what is working.

I need to see Kim play more against LHP, before naming him, an everyday COF.

Rickard has been a good surprise too.

I actually NOW believe (I didnt before) that Kim should play every day against any kind of pitcher. He usually puts the ball in play, rarely strikes out, can take a walk, and hits to all fields.He runs pretty well, hasn't embarrased himself in the field and shows occasional power. Leave him in Buck.

Rickard has been playing very well within his role lately, as well.

Rickard has been playing very well within his role lately, as well.

Rickard has a .862 OPS vs LHP this year. The guy that Kim could be playing over is Reimold. I don't think we're at that point yet. It's a good problem to have. Last year we couldn't find a COF that could OPS .700.

Archived