A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

I still don't get why Buck would bench him for an extended period of time in ST. Unless it wasn't about "getting his feet wet" and was about getting him out of the organization.

And don't give me that "we were all thinking the same thing" nonsense. Myself and others were calling out Buck in real time. Just look at what Kang did in ST last year for the Pirates.

Buck makes a big deal about saying that you can't trust spring training and September results. Then part the way through spring training he benches Kim.

It's not nonsense...

The vast majority of us here saw a miserable offensive performance piled on top of sub-par defense and were not in favor of Kim being in contention of a starting spot on the big-league club.

You seem to make some leaps when it comes to assuming to know Buck's thoughts and intentions on a few issues. I don't think you're being objective here, and what's more, this is SO not a big deal.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not nonsense...

The vast majority of us here saw a miserable offensive performance piled on top of sub-par defense and were not in favor of Kim being in contention of a starting spot on the big-league club.

You seem to make some leaps when it comes to assuming to know Buck's thoughts and intentions on a few issues. I don't think you're being objective here, and what's more, this is SO not a big deal.

Which isn't "all".

Yes some fans booed Kim on opening day.

But some of us were pleased he stuck to his guns and demanded to be put on the 25.

Which isn't "all".

Yes some fans booed Kim on opening day.

But some of us were pleased he stuck to his guns and demanded to be put on the 25.

Yes, plenty of us were critical. The only explanation for how he was treated in ST is that Buck wanted him out of the organization. They didn't want him to pull a hammy while trying to ship him back to Korea.

It's not nonsense...

Well, it's a big deal if it impacts future relations with Korean players. This is now back to back black eyes on the organization because of Dan Duquette's huge misstep with Kim Seong-min and now the organization's handling of Kim.

You can't just sweep these things under the rug.

Well, it's a big deal if it impacts future relations with Korean players. This is now back to back black eyes on the organization because of Dan Duquette's huge misstep with Kim Seong-min and now the organization's handling of Kim.

You can't just sweep these things under the rug.

Nor can you keep bringing it up, all the time.

There has to be a happy medium at?

It's been Buck not Dan getting the heat for how Kim was treated in ST.

But go ahead and try and use it to push your narrative I guess.

Referring to the post ministered #0 where he brings up DD's missteps with Korean players I'm not the one with the narrative.

It's got to be a major blow to Buck's pride to be playing him this much.

For him and his staff to be this wrong about a guy.

I don't get the feeling that Buck is a guy who agonizes that much over things like that. Bottom line, they didn't cut him, and eventually gave him a chance to prove himself, and when he did, Buck played him. He could end up with about 400 PA for the season, which is about what I expected before the spring training started.

Look everyone. Captain Save a Duquette! The O's can do no wrong!

The O's do plenty wrong I didn't want them to throw all that money at CD e.x. But that was PA

Kim was Dan's idea Buck didn't seem on the same page and both mishandled the situation. Dr

D Has made his share of mistakes but also has been overall successful and undeserving of your tedious one sided narrative.

The O' do plenty wrong I didn't want them to throw all that money at CD e.x. But that was PA

Kim was Dan's idea Buck didn't seem on the same page a both mishandled the situation. CD Has made his share of mistakes but also has been overall successful and undeserving of your tedious one sided narrative.

Ah, so tedious. How about you ignore me if it's so hard on your eyes/brain? Easy.

I don't think it's rocket science to understand that we've had 2 big missteps with Korea that could potentially impact future FA signings out of there. I'm hoping it won't.

Ah, so tedious. How about you ignore me if it's so hard on your eyes/brain? Easy.

I don't think it's rocket science to understand that we've had 2 big missteps with Korea that could potentially impact future FA signings out of there. I'm hoping it won't.

Wasn't it three if we are counting Hyun?

Archived