A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction: Kim as the everyday starter will eventually happen, but not before we are all tearing our hair out screaming for it to happen.

Buck and Dan have a plan, and they will see it through to the end until it begins to hurt our shot at the pennant. Right now, we're obviously not hurting, but there will come a time soon where we'll need to look somewhere for a boost.

My prediction: Kim as the everyday starter will eventually happen, but not before we are all tearing our hair out screaming for it to happen.

Buck and Dan have a plan, and they will see it through to the end until it begins to hurt our shot at the pennant. Right now, we're obviously not hurting, but there will come a time soon where we'll need to look somewhere for a boost.

It's got to be a major blow to Buck's pride to be playing him this much.

For him and his staff to be this wrong about a guy.

Do you believe the push to send him down was a collaboration of Dan and the staff or do you think it was more of Buck shooting back at Dan a "What is THIS crap?"

I've always felt that, from the beginning of Buck's time in Baltimore, Buck held a similar attitude towards Reimold and that Dan was the one keeping him around.

Do you believe the push to send him down was a collaboration of Dan and the staff or do you think it was more of Buck shooting back at Dan a "What is THIS crap?"

I've always felt that, from the beginning of Buck's time in Baltimore, Buck held a similar attitude towards Reimold and that Dan was the one keeping him around.

I think it was Buck and his staff. What GM type isn't going to defer to their manager in that situation?

You really believe what you wrote?

Do I think it bothers him (and his staff) that he was that wrong on Kim?

Yes.

They dropped the ball in a huge way and Buck has never actually stepped forth and admitted it. Instead we get talk about how much better shape he is in now and how watching was helpful to his development.

I would hope that Buck doesn't feel good about his words and actions toward Kim in Spring Training.

I think it was Buck and his staff. What GM type isn't going to defer to their manager in that situation?

Either way, I can't fault Buck for thinking Kim needed to get his feet wet a bit more. We were all thinking the same thing based on the ST games, and some other guys with big league experience were white hot (Avery).

Seriously doubt he is losing any sleep over it. It is an organizational win that Kim is in Baltimore right now.

Either way, I can't fault Buck for thinking Kim needed to get his feet wet a bit more. We were all thinking the same thing based on the ST games, and some other guys with big league experience were white hot (Avery).

Seriously doubt he is losing any sleep over it. It is an organizational win that Kim is in Baltimore right now.

I still don't get why Buck would bench him for an extended period of time in ST. Unless it wasn't about "getting his feet wet" and was about getting him out of the organization.

And don't give me that "we were all thinking the same thing" nonsense. Myself and others were calling out Buck in real time. Just look at what Kang did in ST last year for the Pirates.

Buck makes a big deal about saying that you can't trust spring training and September results. Then part the way through spring training he benches Kim.

Do I think it bothers him (and his staff) that he was that wrong on Kim?

Yes.

They dropped the ball in a huge way and Buck has never actually stepped forth and admitted it. Instead we get talk about how much better shape he is in now and how watching was helpful to his development.

I would hope that Buck doesn't feel good about his words and actions toward Kim in Spring Training.

Personally, I think you are over analyzing things and that's your right.

I think the whole situation was bizarre and awkward and thankfully, appears to have not impacted the team, this team appears to be very tight and able to interact with one another.

I still don't get why Buck would bench him for an extended period of time in ST. Unless it wasn't about "getting his feet wet" and was about getting him out of the organization.

And don't give me that "we were all thinking the same thing" nonsense. Myself and others were calling out Buck in real time. Just look at what Kang did in ST last year for the Pirates.

Buck makes a big deal about saying that you can't trust spring training and September results. Then part the way through spring training he benches Kim.

I dont get it either, but its over with, and why do we want to keep rehashing whats long over and done with?

I'd give Kim a start in LF vs Leblanc in game 2. Reimold has cooled off and Kim has proven he's for real. Better to try it vs Leblanc since he doesn't throw hard and throws(87) a lot of cutters.

Leblanc has huge reverse splits. http://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits.aspx?playerid=5221&position=P&season=0

Kim has proven he can hit fastballs. I don't know where the conventional wisdom comes from that he can't. Except for a couple of spring training ABs when he hadn't played in several months, Kim has hit everything he has faced except for Aroldis Chapman. Leblanc is as good a pitcher as any for Kim to start against, but I would not hesitate to put him up against Price or Sale either.

Archived