PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

It's fair to wonder as long as the wondering is even handed. School and Machado have seen their power increase too. How many Oriole fans were questioning Nelson Cruz two years ago. I find the OP silly because it doesn't open the same possibilities on the O's. Ortiz is certainly a suspicious case.

I don't think Schoop is an more likely than Manny. Cruz for certain. In fact, he even had the training on the troches and gummies.

If Mookie Betts were an Oriole and hit 5 HR's in 2 days, not a single person on this board would suggest he was on steroids. Not one. He's an incredible talent. Period.

He is a great talent but when all the scouting reports say the sam thing that he will be a very good player with the speed athlete he is and his contact and walking but he will not hit for power and then he goes crazy and is on pace for 40 some homers you have to wonder. The fact he hit 5 homers in a series isn't why i am wondering but I will keep my eye on it and see how many homers he finishes with. If he is in the 20-25 range or the 40 range will determine same thing with Altuve and Story both had a crazy start but have came back to earth but I was watching both of them as well.

He is a great talent but when all the scouting reports say the sam thing that he will be a very good player with the speed athlete he is and his contact and walking but he will not hit for power and then he goes crazy and is on pace for 40 some homers you have to wonder. The fact he hit 5 homers in a series isn't why i am wondering but I will keep my eye on it and see how many homers he finishes with. If he is in the 20-25 range or the 40 range will determine same thing with Altuve and Story both had a crazy start but have came back to earth but I was watching both of them as well.

You do realize that "on pace for" means virutally nothing right? If he ends up with 25 HR's, which is completely possible will you still call him a steroid user with no facts? Nelson Cruz was on pace for like 94 HR's when he was an Oriole. How did that work out for him? On pace for is meaningless. The Orioles were on pace for 102 wins just a couple of weeks ago. Its the most useless saying in baseball.

No different than Manny jumping from 14 HR in 710 PA in 2013, to 35 HR in 713 PA in 2015.

If Mookie Betts were an Oriole and hit 5 HR's in 2 days, not a single person on this board would suggest he was on steroids. Not one. He's an incredible talent. Period.

Agree 100%. IMO, Betts is simply a stud who is just getting better. A la Manny last year. I certainly don't look forward to facing him the next 10-12 years (or Bogaerts or Bradley for that matter).

I think that some would. I know some would. I hear about Manny all the time and he has a 35 HR track record and never his five in two days.

Translation into English, please?

Biogenesis had the fast acting Lozenge and gummy bear testosterone program Roy is referring to. Cruz was Biogenesis. I don't believe that Shoop's power came out of nowhere. Or that he is any more likely than Manny to be a PED user. And it was English, I just simplified it.

Edited by weams

Because Big Papi is having a "Ruthian" season in his 40's. It's kind of being shoved in our face at the moment.

I just don't like to accuse folks until there is proof. I thought Papi had been tested

and passed. All this could have come out at the beginning of the season. That's

why I asked why now?

I just don't like to accuse folks until there is proof. I thought Papi had been tested

and passed. All this could have come out at the beginning of the season. That's

why I asked why now?

They all pass with that program, no one has been caught other than paper trail with the new technique.

o

A) Mookie Betts became the first player ever in MLB history to hit home runs in both the 1st and 2nd innings of a game for 2 consecutive games (vs. the Orioles, 5/31 and 6/01.)

B) Mookie Betts became the first player ever in MLB history to hit 5 home runs in 2 games from the lead-off position in the batting order (vs. the Orioles, 5/31 and 6/01.)

However ...... the Red Sox only went 1-1 in those 2 games against the Orioles. :D

It is the problem with any type of drug monitoring. If your system is not close to foolproof, then, really, what is the point? Too bad that it is not a better system. And, in the interim, any player who performs beyond expectations beyond a certain age or with increased power is going to be suspect by fans of other teams. And the roots of it all come back to the obscene amounts of money, of course.