April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't what to tell you other than the fact that I expect someone who posts on a message board as much as you do to realize you don't judge a player solely on 2-3 weeks of play. Mora is one of our best obp guys in the lineup- so is Millar for that matter. Jones will struggle to have an obp of 330 this year. Guys are hitting the ball right now better than Millar and Mora sure but you don't just move guys around because of 2 weeks of abs. In that case we might as well cut Jamie Walker and Adam Loewen. Also, you don't put 3 lefties in a row in the middle of your lineup. That just isn't smart. Sorry you're wrong.

Have you seen Mora's OBP the past few years? .341 in 2006 and .342 in 2007. He's not exactly an on-base machine and right now his OBP is .298. That's not getting it done. And good managers move lineups around all the time to optimize them. Heck Grady Little had a different lineup everyday and managed to get the Sox to the ALCS.

And it wouldn't be three LH hitters if you actually read my post instead of bashing it.

Roberts

Jones

Markakis

Scott

Millar

Huff

Mora

Hernandez

Hernandez/Fahey

That's the order I proposed.

Have you seen Mora's OBP the past few years? .341 in 2006 and .342 in 2007. He's not exactly an on-base machine and right now his OBP is .298. That's not getting it done.

Maybe you should compare him now to April in 2006 and 2007, that would be more of an apples to apples...

Archived