What Moves Would You Make To Improve The Rotation?

crawjo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buehrle 5.1

Wilson 4.1

Also keep in mind the league K rate has been steadily climbing since Buehrle debuted in 2000.

Wilson's 4.58 K/9 this year is better than what Buehrle posted in 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2015.

You do make a good point about league K rates. The median team K/9 for starting pitchers was 6.14 in 2000, and has risen to 7.76 so far this season.

I can see the logic to the extent that Wright has better stuff than Wilson. Wilson's K rate is so abysmally low that I don't think he's got much of a future as a starter, and would not be starting for most teams in MLB. But Wilson also seems to me to be the safer bet in terms of not completely imploding. Also, I think Wright could potentially be a good asset out of the bullpen. Wilson seems to me to be AAA material.

Wilson's strike out rate is up this year and his bb rate is down. I mean I guess if actual results mean nothing to you than you might think Wright is better than Wilson. I mean if all you are going to use is K Rate than Jiminez is doing well.

One of the problems, as I see it, is that there really doesn't seem to be any attractive SP options out there between now and the trade deadline. Shields already got moved (not that he's that great anymore anyway). Sonny Gray might be available, but I shudder at what he would cost. Cashner isn't any better than what we have, IMO. Jake McGee could help the pen, but we really need a starter. I just don't see much in the way of upgrades, even before you factor in cost.

Give me some hope, somebody please. Who's out there that might be realistically attainable?

One of the problems, as I see it, is that there really doesn't seem to be any attractive SP options out there between now and the trade deadline. Shields already got moved (not that he's that great anymore anyway). Sonny Gray might be available, but I shudder at what he would cost. Cashner isn't any better than what we have, IMO. Jake McGee could help the pen, but we really need a starter. I just don't see much in the way of upgrades, even before you factor in cost.

Give me some hope, somebody please. Who's out there that might be realistically attainable?

Norris...

This is why DD needs to be held accountable or this plays out again and again...

He's going to make some dumb trade to hurt us more. Maybe we cut Ubaldo and he goes elsewhere and flourishes and the guy we traded for stinks and costs us what's left of our prospects.

The choices right now are not good.

I'd target long relief guys out there that could be converted and cheaper, only thing I can think of. I honestly don't think anything in the minors will help us.

David Hess is the only guy but he's not there yet.

Lee is still on the DL and same, prob needs more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buehrle 5.1

Wilson 4.1

Also keep in mind the league K rate has been steadily climbing since Buehrle debuted in 2000.

How much of that is that of the bullpen arms though? Seems like the relief pitchers have had their K rates go up a lot. I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious.

How much of that is that of the bullpen arms though? Seems like the relief pitchers have had their K rates go up a lot. I'm not saying you're wrong' date=' just curious.[/quote']

Disregard this, I just saw Ornithological's post.

This is why DD needs to be held accountable or this plays out again and again...

He's going to make some dumb trade to hurt us more. Maybe we cut Ubaldo and he goes elsewhere and flourishes and the guy we traded for stinks and costs us what's left of our prospects.

The choices right now are not good.

I'd target long relief guys out there that could be converted and cheaper, only thing I can think of. I honestly don't think anything in the minors will help us.

David Hess is the only guy but he's not there yet.

Lee is still on the DL and same, prob needs more time.

How exactly does Dan get held accountable? Should he be fired now? Let Brady take over?

How exactly does Dan get held accountable? Should he be fired now? Let Brady take over?

Unless you want more of the same...keep him through the end of the year but promote Brady.

Archived