Wednesday April 30th (D)Rays @ O's

mdterps4life25

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BRob looked safe to me.

That's what I was thinking and now Scott just got called out on a grass cutter.Home plate umpiring seems worse than usual this year. For those of you who don't remember the great Chuck Thompson. he always used to say they should take the best ball/strike umpires and let them do every game. Not going to happen of course with the umpires union.

Mora missed sign. Why hit and run anyway? Why not a straight steal?

Sonnanstine is known for being very good at holding runners on so Brian may not have had a read on him yet. Now that I think about it, it was poor planning aside from the missed sign. Trembley tries to get cute on the basepaths too often. The CS on botched hit and runs are really adding up.

I understand a hit and run with a slow runner to stay out of the double play. But why with Roberts? Much better to just let him steal if you are worried about the twin killing, and you shouldn't with your #2 hitter in the first.

I understand a hit and run with a slow runner to stay out of the double play. But why with Roberts? Much better to just let him steal if you are worried about the twin killing, and you shouldn't with your #2 hitter in the first.

Yeah, I'm not quite understanding the hit and run there.

It's the speed of the hitter that primarily matters for staying out of a DP, not the guy on first. Mora has average speed but he does ground into a lot of DPs. I guess Trembley just wanted to force the issue. He's overmanaging with some of this stuff for sure.

It's the speed of the hitter that primarily matters for staying out of a DP, not the guy on first. Mora has average speed but he does ground into a lot of DPs. I guess Trembley just wanted to force the issue. He's overmanaging with some of this stuff for sure.

Roberts didn't help matters by stopping halfway through. He should've continued to second base-- he likely would've made it. Bad decision on his part.

Archived