Any interest in Sabathia?

Dark Helmet

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's quietly having a pretty good season. If the Yankees keep falling back, he's probably available. Would you consider him? I wouldn't do more than a Mike Wright and a lower level prospect however. Thoughts?

I don't see how Wright would get him.

CC would have to come as a pure salary dump. NO more then a B level prospect if we take on all the money.

He is having a good year so far, but this is after 3 below average seasons in a row.

We are witnessing his bounce back like so many Hall of Famers have had. One good year near the end before they completely fall apart.

$25 million this year. $25 million next year ($5 buyout). Trading for him means parting with some part of $25 million plus at least $5 next year.

Could be worth it if he keeps pitching well and stays healthy. I'd wait until the deadline before I took such a chance.

o

Sabathia was staked to a 4-0 lead today at Yankee Stadium.

He didn't hold it.

IP:l 4.33

H:;; 7 ll(1 Home Run, 6 Singles)

R:l) 6

ER:)5

BB:)2

SO:)3

Pitches: 86 (57 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2016 ERA: 2.71

He didn't hold it.

That line is still better than Ubaldo Jimenez has been lately, but I love seeing the Yankees lose.

He didn't hold it.

That line is still better than Ubaldo Jimenez has been lately, but I love seeing the Yankees lose.

The Yankees tied it with 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th inning.

I hate watching the Yankees win.

Seems like there's a decent chance the Yankees might be sellers.

CC is tearing it up this year. I'm aware he just had a bad start but before that he had only given up 1 ER total in June and 3 total ER in May! That's over 7 starts.

He is owed a TON of money (~$13-14M for the remainder of this year, plus another $25M vesting option for 2017 that seems likely to trigger).

Could we get him without giving up much? Would you want to? Surely he'd be at least the #3 guy on our staff now if we had him right?

Mods please feel free to merge, didn't see this thread.

I would be surprised it the majority of O's fans aren't at least interested in exploring this a bit. You guys do know how bad our rotation is now right?

Obviously if we have to give up a grade A prospect I don't think we pull the trigger.

Mods please feel free to merge, didn't see this thread.

I would be surprised it the majority of O's fans aren't at least interested in exploring this a bit. You guys do know how bad our rotation is now right?

Obviously if we have to give up a grade A prospect I don't think we pull the trigger.

I have a feeling his numbers are going to take a dip in the second half. His prorated salary if we obtained him at the end of July would still be around 10 million, so there is also that. Plus the vesting option will pay him 25 mil next year? Not sure what he needs to do for that to kick in.

I don't think we have any grade A prospects. We would have to give up a B prospect, which for us would be a top five guy in our system. I'm not really interested in making the Yankees better. I'll pass.

Archived