Friday, May 2nd @ Angels

Palmer Esque

Well, Hunter just stole with absolutely no one making a move towards second to cover. That's umm... special.

At least it didn't hurt them.

Even if someone had been covering, Guthrie wasn't paying attention. He couldn't have thrown him out.

Half the Orioles fell asleep on that play.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Hunter just stole with absolutely no one making a move towards second to cover. That's umm... special.

At least it didn't hurt them.

Neither BRob, nor LH, nor Guts, nor Ramon was paying attention.

Millar was the only guy who wasn't asleep at the switch...

Even if someone had been covering, Guthrie wasn't paying attention. He couldn't have thrown him out.

Except for Millar, who started yelling. I thought his mouth was loud enough to wake people up. ;)

It's not like Hunter has NO speed. That was just a mental lapse by Guthrie. And Roberts. And Hernandez.

Paul, I can't believe that I went to the game yesterday, but you didn't. I'm not sure what to think about this information.

The Angels broadcast was supremely impressed by that Hunter steal. They replayed it about 8 times.

It's really hard to steal when the pitcher doesn't care about you, no one moves to cover, and you have a little bit of speed. They should absolutely be impressed.

Archived