Lack of patience

evenparthrough9

This is what I was referring to. Ryan takes an 8 pitch walk and Rickard sees 7 pitches and doubles. Those are quality at bats. We need more of those.

Ain't happenin' unfortunately.

You'll see more at bats like the one Trumbo just had. Bases loaded, 1 out.... trying to hit it 800 feet.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking only at counts with no or 1 strike (excluding 2 strike counts in which the batter is defending the zone), the Orioles lead baseball with 1,189 pitches out of the zone that resulted in a swinging strike or foul ball. The top 5 teams are all over 1,100 on the year. The Yankees actually have the lowest number of such pitches--at 918.

Top of the lineup was a juggernaut, but now Kim is hurt, Manny is slumping and Davis is sick. That'll pretty much slow your team down. Since the break Hardy and Alvarez have driven in most of our runs. Still only 2-3 when we're slumping.

Davis was missing on center cut fastballs before he was sick.

Top of the lineup was a juggernaut, but now Kim is hurt, Manny is slumping and Davis is sick. That'll pretty much slow your team down. Since the break Hardy and Alvarez have driven in most of our runs. Still only 2-3 when we're slumping.

Manny isn't getting any decent pitches to hit, especially when there are men on base. To his credit he's willing to take a walk, but nobody else in the lineup right now can make the other team pay for pitching around Machado.

I couldn't agree more, that was a horrible at bat by both.

Trumbo can't be faulted for lack of patience. He took strike one on the outside corner, then got a decent pitch to hit, but he got under it. Schoop's pop out came on a very hittable pitch IMO, the kind he often crushes.

Right now, the hitters are pressing a little. I think Palmer said at one point that the team has 7 hits in its last 69 at bats with RISP. And it got worse from there. It's tough to watch, but all teams go through this at times.

Archived