Duquette and Trades

Bahama O's Fan

I think Sisco, Mancini and Harvey would put us in the hunt. Boston will not trade Moncada under any scenario. It won't happen. I think we are in better position than many think.

I think Mancini and Sisco are the first two with their chutes on. Harvey was left back on the ground. He's not going anywhere.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. I'm not really worried about the prospects at this point if it means getting to the World Series. I just want DD to make the best trade possible, not just a trade for the sake of making a trade.

I so agree.

I think Sisco, Mancini and Harvey would put us in the hunt. Boston will not trade Moncada under any scenario. It won't happen. I think we are in better position than many think.

Unless it's Teheran coming back I don't want to see all that talent go in one trade. Would be CRIPPLING to our system.

I don't want Gray unless he starts getting right this year. I still don't think the A's move him. Not their style to sell low.

Jake's success is a dark cloud over him.

Though, when you step back, and say he turned Devin Jones and Steve Clevenger into two all-stars, I don't know why he gets the criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although he may not have won all his trades, this point should be emphasized. Out of all his trades, the only one I never got was the Parra for Davies trade. Every other trade, including the Arrieta trade had merits at the time.

I hated the trade from day one. Feldman is garbage.

No he isn't, and wasn't. He did pretty much what anyone should have expected when he came here, and plugged a hole in our rotation. He was a league average starter for us, and he's a league average starter in his career.

What system? Aren't we ranked 29th?

It would be crippling to our organization period to trade all those guys and not a get a serious difference maker back. Sisco and Mancini are POTENTIALLY both starters for next year and Harvey has TOR upside.

We have very little cost controlled talent coming up the pipelines and a lot of guys that need to be paid. We can't afford to live in free agency.

It would be crippling to our organization period to trade all those guys and not a get a serious difference maker back. Sisco and Mancini are POTENTIALLY both starters for next year and Harvey has TOR upside.

We have very little cost controlled talent coming up the pipelines and a lot of guys that need to be paid. We can't afford to live in free agency.

I just ask you one thing. Do you expect to have the best first half record for this team often? With and Awful rotation?

The problem with Arrieta wasn't the trade. It was Duquette's asinine approach to developing pitchers by eliminating some of their best pitches. This organization is so monolithic and one dimensional when it comes to starters. Duquette's banning cutters from minor leaguers. Buck's TTTP.

That said, Duquette's deadline trades always have been gross overpays. That's the problem. I do dig the Brach and Trumbo acquisitions.

I would agree with you if Davies turns into Jake 2.0. So far, I see no evidence of that happening. Last year we were never really in it and that deal reflected it. This year is different. The stakes are higher and so will the prices. This is the year to get serious.

The same reason why it makes sense to trade Mancini this year is the reason it did not make sense to trade Davies for an over performing two month rental last season.

Davies was our best healthy pitching prospect and we are DESPERATE for SP. He was also Major League ready.

Mancini is somewhat blocked by Davis and has less value as a DH. I still would be pretty disappointed if he went for a two month rental but we can afford to part with him.

Teheran is a difference maker, someone you slot behind

Tillman and put Gausman where he belongs, third in your rotation. You want to see Teheran in Boston or Toronto? I don't. We need to step and make it happen.

No, and I could accept moving all those guys for Teheran as I've previously indicated. But only him.

Nobody makes bad trades (or good ones) every time. Dan seems to be better at times of year when the other side doesn't have the leverage. I think on balance he has been too willing to give up young talent for rental players at the trade deadline.

Yes, the I think the key point is about leverage. I think Dan's trades have been, on the surface, very frustrating thus far for two reasons:

1) The inevitable comparison with MacPhail's trades. Andy had leverage because his O's teams were bad and he was in no real hurry to trade until somebody like the Mariners suckered up for Bedard. Dan has no leverage because he needs to act soon and using at least two or three minor leaguers to acquire a decent veteran to make a good but shaky O's team better.

2) The second reason Dan's trades have been way more frustrating than they should be is because out of nowhere Arrieta turned into Tom Seaver. Extremely unexpected to say the least. (though of late Arrieta has looked more like Baltimore Orioles Arrieta than the one of the past couple years)

Teheran is going to cost Bundy, Harvey and Mancini. At least. You want to completely destroy our system?

I don't see Duquette including all three of those guys for Teheran. I bet he walks away and goes for somebody other than Teheran if Teheran were to cost that much. I've been wrong before though.

I don't see Duquette including all three of those guys for Teheran. I bet he walks away and goes for somebody other than Teheran if Teheran were to cost that much. I've been wrong before though.

I will stop posting on this board of Duquette trades for Teheran. Duquette is reckless. But he's not that reckless.

Duquette is more likely to trade for Hellickson, Hill or Santiago. I'd love Shoemaker, but I don't think they trade him.

The problem with Arrieta wasn't the trade. It was Duquette's asinine approach to developing pitchers by eliminating some of their best pitches. This organization is so monolithic and one dimensional when it comes to starters. Duquette's banning cutters from minor leaguers. Buck's TTTP.

That said, Duquette's deadline trades always have been gross overpays. That's the problem. I do dig the Brach and Trumbo acquisitions.

Did Duquette do that? Arrieta's problem was that he thought he had 8 MLB pitches. Not that he was restricted. By Dan.

Archived