Padres asked for Garrett Cleavinger and Jhon Peluffo in Jimenez/Upton deal

xian4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it got our two best prospects so I would consider that bad luck. The Tyler Wilson's and Mike Wright's of the world have been injury free, sure.

Yep. The guys who pitched too much as highschoolers and were top draft picks had it happen. For certain.

Yep. The guys who pitched too much as highschoolers and were top draft picks had it happen. For certain.

I think throwing mid to high 90's fastballs has something to do with it as well. You don't see too many finesse guys going under the knife.

Just friggin DFA Ubaldo already. It's only Pete's money.

I'd rather have Kim than Upton anyway.

Peter evidently won't allow that. SO how do you wish to address that? It is apparent if reports are correct that the Orioles were not permitted to take on 5 million differential in the Upton sweepstakes.

Peter evidently wont allow that. SO how do you wish to address that?

How about an Ubaldo/Nolasco swap? Change of scenery could do them both well.

A couple weeks ago we may have had to send a prospect to Minnesota but Nolasco has been playing down to Ubaldo's level over the last couple weeks. He's giving up way too many hits, but his K and BB rates are still pretty good.

How about an Ubaldo/Nolasco swap? Change of scenery could do them both well.

A couple weeks ago we may have had to send a prospect to Minnesota but Nolasco has been playing down to Ubaldo's level over the last couple weeks. He's giving up way too many hits, but his K and BB rates are still pretty good.

Ubaldo is better than Nolasco.

Ubaldo is better than Nolasco.

Ubaldo: 4.88 FIP 1.971 WHIP

Nolasco: 4.31 FIP 1.406 WHIP

It's not even close if we are talking about 2016. I would also send them Mike Wright and take their lefty, Fernando Abad back. Need to do something to even out the deal.

Ubaldo's ERA is about two runs higher. Maybe we would need to throw in a prospect after all.

Peter evidently won't allow that. SO how do you wish to address that? It is apparent if reports are correct that the Orioles were not permitted to take on 5 million differential in the Upton sweepstakes.

So to summarize the Jay's offer vs. the O's offer for Melvin is that the Padres are/would have saved appx. 5 million on both but would have garnered 3 players from the O's vs. the 1 A ball player from the Jay's.

Comparing Garrett Cleavinger to Hansel Rodriguez alone based on stats in 2015 & 2016. I agree with the Peter. I would not have done this deal either. Even Jhon Peluffo who is the same age as Hansel has better career stats in rookie ball.

I believe Roch reported more than once that Angelos was willing to release Ubaldo. I can't run a search right now but I'm pretty confident of it.

Archived