Need to take it to the ChiSox this weekend

ChuckS

For some reason we go into a funk on the road.We are the only winning team in the majors with a losing road record and its not a small sample size.We are not hitting well, especially Davis. We'd better pick it up on this road series or we will quickly be out of the hunt.Im very worried about this road series....all 10 games.

I presume that you mean we are the only division leaders with a sub .500 record on the road, because otherwise your statement is flat out wrong. The NYY, Tigers, Rangers, Astros, Mariners, Pirates, Dodgers, and Rockies are all .500 or better overall but .500 or worse on the road. This is not just an Orioles problem, and between the other two teams chasing us in the division, Boston isn't great on the road either and they have a ton of road games left.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really doesn't matter who's pitching against us, if we have the same thought process and mentality at the plate, the results will be similar. The inability to do the small things, go the opposite way, move runners along, take pitches, situational hitting.....Theresa reason why we haven't scored more than 6 runs in a game in Almost 6 weeks.

Oh good grief. The O's took two of three from the Rangers. The team is in first

place. I don't think the team is as bad as you believe. JIMO

It really doesn't matter who's pitching against us, if we have the same thought process and mentality at the plate, the results will be similar. The inability to do the small things, go the opposite way, move runners along, take pitches, situational hitting.....Theresa reason why we haven't scored more than 6 runs in a game in Almost 6 weeks.
Oh good grief. The O's took two of three from the Rangers. The team is in first

place. I don't think the team is as bad as you believe. JIMO

More importantly, who is Theresa and how does she play into the O's scoring???? ;-) :-P

O's team total is over 4.5 runs -150. O's are -130 to win the series

For those who care about this type of thing...

The "under" for both teams have hit in every game since 7/8 except for 2. Even Vegas can't figure out our offense. Also we are a streaky team with W/L's. Look here,

http://www.scoresandodds.com/statfeed/statfeed.php?page=mlb/mlbteam&teamid=BALTIMORE&season=2016&view=1&show=2

O's team total is over 4.5 runs -150. O's are -130 to win the series

I like that series price. We have a significant pitching edge in Games 2 and 3. Gallardo is a tire fire - but we're no worse than a slight dog tonight as the White Sox lineup is shaky and Miggy is not particularly good himself. I expect 2 out of 3 with tonight being the one most in doubt.

For those who care about this type of thing...

The "under" for both teams have hit in every game since 7/8 except for 2. Even Vegas can't figure out our offense. Also we are a streaky team with W/L's. Look here,

http://www.scoresandodds.com/statfeed/statfeed.php?page=mlb/mlbteam&teamid=BALTIMORE&season=2016&view=1&show=2

Oddsmakers in Vegas could care less how many runs the Orioles or anyone else scores. Their goal is to set the line to where they have as close to an equal amount bet on each side as possible. They are actually handicapping the betting, not the sports events.

Oddsmakers in Vegas could care less how many runs the Orioles or anyone else scores. Their goal is to set the line to where they have as close to an equal amount bet on each side as possible. They are actually handicapping the betting, not the sports events.

True up to a point - but relatively obscure things like the total in random MLB game in August is only attracting action from gamblers - most of them informed - and a handful of degenerates. This isn't Monday Night Football where most of the handle is casual action and they'll hedge their line a little based on what they think the public will do. Something like an August O's total they are crunching the numbers to get as tight to what they think the total will be as possible and trusting the action will come in balanced on either side of that number. If they miss in the number crunch and the money pours in on one side they'll adjust the line accordingly - but the opening lines are their best shot at it for the most part.

o

18 OUTS: 8 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Popout

MIGUEL ANGEL GONZALEZ Oo (AUGUST 4th)

IP:l 6

H:;; 10ll(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 8 Singles)

R:l) 4

ER:)3

BB:)0

SO:)1

Pitches: 95 (68 Strikes, 27 Balls)

2016 ERA: 4.09

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (81 Strikes, 61 Balls)

20 (17 Strikes, 31 Balls)

28 (18 Strikes, 10 Balls)

16 (10 Strikes, 61 Balls)

81 (71 Strikes, 11 Balls)

91 (81 Strikes, 11 Balls)

While that's true, there's a lot of research that shows that the collective judgment of a large number of people is usually close to correct. For example, put 30 people in a room and have them guess how many M&M's are in a jar. No individual answer is that likely to be close, but the average guess will be pretty damned good. So the mid-point that Vegas is trying to find is a good measure, though not infallible.

1 down...big win. The add on runs in 8th were huge, and hopefully a sign of offense about to get hot.

Vote 4 Pedro!

Miguel Gonzalez was off his game last night. He was lucky to allow only 4 runs while he was in there. Hopefully we can keep it going against Rondon today.

I

Archived