@ Athletics 8/8

weams

You know what this team has been missing for years and years: Guys who know how to work the counts, don't swing at borderline pitches when they're ahead in the count, foul off tough pitches to extend at bats, and are disciplined enough to lay off borderline pitches. I can count on one hand the Orioles have had like that over the past 15 years. Do you want me to name them? Melvin Mora, Brian Roberts, Nick Markakis and Hyun Soo Kim. That's it.

And yet they've won more games than any other team in the AL since 2012. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what this team has been missing for years and years: Guys who know how to work the count, don't swing at borderline pitches when they're ahead, foul off tough pitches to extend at bats, and are disciplined enough to lay off borderline pitches when they're behind in the count. I can count on one hand the Orioles have had like that over the past 15 years. Do you want me to name them? Melvin Mora, Brian Roberts, Nick Markakis and Hyun Soo Kim. That's it.

I agree with the sentiment of this, at least in this game. Good God, lay off the bottom of the zone sinker. It looks like they are purposely swinging over it. We've been struggling with the lesser teams recently.

Graveman simply pitched better than Gausman. Gausman should have easily been able to get through 7 with their lineup. So frustrating that he kept getting behind towards the end. Imagine if he faced a formidable lineup.

He was on pace to get through 7, until the 6th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived