vs. ATHLETICS, 8/10

OFFNY

Also, I am generally opposed to a knee jerk reaction that the 3B coach is automatically "wrong" if a guy is thrown out at home.

Imagine a hypothetical 3B coach who never had a guy thrown out at the plate. That means he clearly isn't sending guys who have a 70 or 80% chance of making it, because if he was he'd have at least one in 5 thrown out.

But you SHOULD send guys with an 80% chance. Because they don't have an 80% chance of scoring if you hold them.

So when I see a super close play that has to go to review, AND one that would have been safe if Adam could have managed to keep his front foot down... I am not going to throw a lot of shade on the 3rd base coach.

I'd send him in that situation all day. That was on Adam. Not Dickerson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He almost made it if Adam didn't have a bad slide. It's a play that you have to make, even more so with the offense is in a funk.

1st and 3rd and no outs with Trumbo coming up. Is it really a play you have to make? Chances are if we're blaming a slide...it's a poor send.

Dickerson sent Jones even though Jones went back to the bag to tag up and didn't have a big enough jump. It's not like Jones is fast. This isn't Jones from 4-5 years ago.

This is the same Dickerson that has an infatuation with sending Hardy from 2nd when Hardy is one of our worst runners in regards to speed. He's just an aggressive 3rd base coach.

1st and 3rd and no outs with Trumbo coming up. Is it really a play you have to make? Chances are if we're blaming a slide...it's a poor send.

Dickerson sent Jones even though Jones went back to the bag to tag up and didn't have a big enough jump. It's not like Jones is fast. This isn't Jones from 4-5 years ago.

This is the same Dickerson that has an infatuation with sending Hardy from 2nd when Hardy is one of our worst runners in regards to speed. He's just an aggressive 3rd base coach.

We'll agree to disagree, how about that?

Archived